Pearl Blaze

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
LhBvrGw.jpg

ZuKp51f.jpg

n2MwXPb.jpg

Soap used was DR Harris Almond; blade used was what came with the razor - The Gentleman (platinum coated blade) made in India. The razor is all Brass and triple plated (Chrome I presume). Total height of the razor is 110mm, razor handle is 98mm, weight of razor is 105 grams and blade gap is .74mm. The razor tabs are enclosed and the razor itself comes in a nicely presented cardboard box. In the box there is the razor itself, box of 10 razor blades, cleaning cloth, thank you card and 5 pieces of washers (white). Price $74.95 shipped (shipping was quick). The razor comes with a 2 year warranty period. So far so good and onto the shave.

I did a two pass shave (WTG and ATG) and it was smooth, efficient and effortless. On the information card, that came with the razor, it states that the razor gives you “butter smooth shave” and I am inclined to agree with that statement. There is blade feel with this razor but it’s not uncomfortable. My preference is smooth, efficient, effortless and no blade feel but you can’t have everything and 3 out of 4 is not too shabby. I looked for imperfections on the razor (because it’s an inexpensive razor) and couldn’t find any. I guess that’s where CNC processing comes into it. Finally, the head of this razor reminds me of the Rockwell 6S, except the Blaze‘s head is less bulky. So, if you are looking for a daily shaver or a travel shaver that won’t break the bank then this could be it.

These flared handles seem to be enjoying a moment. I first saw them on the original Tradere, but it almost seems like everybody's making them now... :unsure:

These flared handles seem to be enjoying a moment. I first saw them on the original Tradere, but it almost seems like everybody's making them now... :unsure:
I like the aesthetics of the flare handle and probably is the main reason why I bought this razor.