Phoenix and Beau: UK Artisan checking in

Kerry@Phoenix&Beau

Trusted Vendor
Greetings Paste & Cut community,

My name's Kerry and I represent exactly one half of UK artisan shaving soap brand 'Phoenix and Beau' (the other half is my wife, Sarah). We have some excellent customers in Australia and Singapore and they suggested I stop by and say 'hi'.

We hand make a tallow based shaving soap that comprises of lanolin, unrefined shea butter, tussah silk, safflower oil, vitamin-e, allantoin, castor oil, vegetable glycerin and coconut milk. Naturally we're biased but I'd say that our soap competes with the best of them and, for me, provides the very best post-shave feel.

Stop by our website, have a look around and check out our reviews - www.phoenixandbeau.uk

Questions, comments and feedback are all very welcome.

In the interim here are a couple of images of two up and coming soaps that we'll be releasing on 30th June:
87269f17-942c-40bb-8a42-0b37da277d0a_zpskal8aqhr.jpg
9b6d755c-de85-4c7c-8821-dceb571e3ecb_zps7zc1f9a4.jpg

With kind regards,

Kerry
[Owner, soap maker and chief-scent conjurer].

Greetings Paste & Cut community,

My name's Kerry and I represent exactly one half of UK artisan shaving soap brand 'Phoenix and Beau' (the other half is my wife, Sarah). We have some excellent customers in Australia and Singapore and they suggested I stop by and say 'hi'.

We hand make a tallow based shaving soap that comprises of lanolin, unrefined shea butter, tussah silk, safflower oil, vitamin-e, allantoin, castor oil, vegetable glycerin and coconut milk. Naturally we're biased but I'd say that our soap competes with the best of them and, for me, provides the very best post-shave feel.

Stop by our website, have a look around and check out our reviews - www.phoenixandbeau.uk

Questions, comments and feedback are all very welcome.

In the interim here are a couple of images of two up and coming soaps that we'll be releasing on 30th June:
87269f17-942c-40bb-8a42-0b37da277d0a_zpskal8aqhr.jpg
9b6d755c-de85-4c7c-8821-dceb571e3ecb_zps7zc1f9a4.jpg

With kind regards,

Kerry
[Owner, soap maker and chief-scent conjurer].
Hi @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau. Glad you're here. @silver and I were just talking about you guys in the acquisitions thread.
Looking forward to getting many products from you in the future.

Hi @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau. Glad you're here. @silver and I were just talking about you guys in the acquisitions thread.
Looking forward to getting many products from you in the future.
Yes! I just received it today! Smells divine! Looking forward to the amazing list of upcoming soaps. Especially that special edition - Obsidian, which most of the world missed out. We hope we could be lucky enough that you'd consider reproducing some of it to us down under. Scent profile of the Obsidian sounds like something right in my alley.

First and foremost, welcome to Paste and Cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all :) @eggbert I work on a percentage basis per batch and it's (the %) is something I'd rather keep under wraps (trade secrets, and all.. (y)) - What I can tell you is it's enough to give a cold and invigorating shave. The quantity of menthol crystals added also affects the consistency of the lather in that it increases its plasticity and want for water. Our soap is already a thirsty one and Denali is probably the thirstiest of the entire range.

Menthol Camphor & Peppermint. Sounds like a nice cold soap to me...
Camphor is a tricky one. If there's too much of it you smell like sports liniment.

One of the Stirling soaps had it and I didn't like it much for that reason.

Thanks all :) @eggbert I work on a percentage basis per batch and it's (the %) is something I'd rather keep under wraps (trade secrets, and all.. (y)) - What I can tell you is it's enough to give a cold and invigorating shave. The quantity of menthol crystals added also affects the consistency of the lather in that it increases its plasticity and want for water. Our soap is already a thirsty one and Denali is probably the thirstiest of the entire range.
No problem Kerry, I can understand that. I only asked as there are a few of us here that like menthol a lot.
Some of us because we live in climates where the cold water is hotter than a British summer, others like it just because they are weird.

Hey @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau - welcome Down Under!

I've got your Spitfire soap but it arrived while I was on a one soap for a month routine - must dig it out to try, smells great!

Great of you to drop in @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau - welcome to the place it's sunny when you're not! [emoji41]

Have you considered the route of taking pre-orders for your limited release soaps?

I'm keen for another after enjoying my Spitfire. [emoji106]