Picking from a den clearance - opinions

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Guys,

Stumbled on a great shave den clearance preview. I've already locked in the bolded, but is there anything else you'd consider getting?

TOBS Mr. Taylor's Shaving Cream, tub, approx. 50% remaining
TOBS Shaving Shop Cream, brand new
TOBS Bay Rum Aftershave, 150ml, approx. 80% remaining
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving soap in Mahogony bowl, approx. 90% remaining
D.R. Harris Arlington Shave stick, new
D.R. Harris Bay Rum Aftershave, 100ml, approx. 80% remaining
D.R. Harris Marlborough Cologne, 100ml, approx. 90% remaining
D.R. Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream tub, approx. 75% remaining
Edwin Jagger Sea buckthorn Shaving cream approx. 50% remaining
How To Grow a Moustache Synergy Shaving soap, Cavendish scent, approx. 80% remaining
Irisch Moos Shave Stick, used less than 10 times
Aqua Velva Aftershave, 200ml, approx 90% remaining
Windor Shave Soap, 100g, approx 90% remaining
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Shave Cream tube, approx 75% remaining
Razorock Fresco shave soap cream, 150ml, never used
Indian Old Spice Aftershave, 100ml, approx 90% remaining
Indian Old Spice Musk Shave cream, approx 80% remaining
Cyril R. Salter French Vetiver Shaving Cream, 165g, approx 80% remaining
Osma Shave Soap, 100g, approx 90% remaining

Don't let @Pjotr see the irisch moos.

I've just tried the TOBS Mr Taylor's from the traveling box and that's pretty nice.

I also have, and like, aqua velva A/S. But then I like most things menthol.

Can't comment on much else as I haven't tried any of them.

Don't let @Pjotr see the irisch moos.

I've just tried the TOBS Mr Taylor's from the traveling box and that's pretty nice.

I also have, and like, aqua velva A/S. But then I like most things menthol.

Can't comment on much else as I haven't tried any of them.

Thanks @eggbert . I am leaning towards adding the TOBS Mr T. I also thought about the Moos (thank God we're writing this shit out as I'd be buggered how to say it..is it like "Irish Moose", "Irish Moss", "Iris Schmoosh"..?) but even the seller reckons it wasn't as big as the hype. As consolation he is boxing a little LaToja sample…which should be interesting.

BTW: I'm not a menthol kinda guy - even when I was smoking - Alpines eewwwwwww. I mean the Proraso Green Splash is OK on the face for a bit but then I usually drown out the scent with something else to face the world. I'm more a woody, leathery kinda of guy…that way I smell how I look!

Get the HTGAM soap! It's darn good stuff. Not sure about the Cavendish ('bacca) scent but the soap is great stuff. And they have these unique tins that are HUGE - 5 inches across.

Haha! After posting about musk shaving soap/cream earlier, I'd be eyeing off the OS Indian musk cream. :p

Second the SIM

I'm also a fan of Edwin Jagger Sea buckthorn - but that is a love it or hate it

TOBS Bay Rum Aftershave or D.R. Harris Bay Rum Aftershave - because EVERYBODY needs a Bay Rum ....

…oh God I knew if I posted this I'd ended up needing to buy it all. But no, I will be good!…and since I'm last with the Travelling Box #2 there is little advantage to getting some of the funkier stuff - like musk - for others to paw at.

Not sure about Bay Rum. I think cloves when I think Bay Rum. When I think cloves, I think awful fruit cakes at Xmas that you were forced to eat out of courtesy wherever you visited with your ever-obliging folks!

Re: Cloves with Bay Rum
I heard Captain's Choice Bay Rum has no cloves in it, nor has any cloves smell.

Original list updated - I think I gotta try me some of this HTGAM soap.
This way I get to taste TOBS, DR Harris, Cyril R. Salter, Razorock and HTGAM. …and have enough supplies to keep me lathered until my 50th.

The la toya sample should be great too. A lot of fans of it around here.
Nothing that exciting on the smell front but a great stick soap.

So care package from this most patient seller is now looking like:
  • TOBS Shaving Shop Cream,
  • D.R. Harris Arlington Shave stick,
  • Razorock Fresco shave soap cream,
  • Cyril R. Salter French Vetiver Shaving Cream,
  • D.R. Harris Marlborough Cologne,
  • How To Grow a Moustache Synergy Shaving soap, Cavendish scent,
  • Omega 31025,
  • ….and La Toja sample.

Oh boy, I'm hoping it'll all fit in a box OK. But even once it arrives I'm going to need my own bathroom I reckon…hmmm….wait a second I kinda like the sounds of that actually.

Thanks all for your help, on- and off- line.

Lots of interesting pick ups. TOBS is one of my faves.

I've come to rate the Marlboro soap too, but the cologne would probably be too woody, and much like the Marlboro man's denims after a month in the saddle.

Lots of interesting pick ups. TOBS is one of my faves.

I've come to rate the Marlboro soap too, but the cologne would probably be too woody, and much like the Marlboro man's denims after a month in the saddle.

Yeah I like woody and leathery, so we'll see how the Marlborough goes. I won't comment on the crusty denims as you might be interested to see the state of the work pants I wear around the property here. But when it comes to scrubbing up weekdays, I usually wear L'Occitane scents (and trousers of course) and so folks are used to giving me a wide berth.

I remember someone mentioning the TOBS Shave Shop early on in my visitations here on P&C, so I thought it a fitting way to discover what folks are banging on about when they talk TOBS.

So I'm locked in. All paid and now just waiting….c'mon!!!

Thanks @eggbert . I am leaning towards adding the TOBS Mr T. I also thought about the Moos (thank God we're writing this shit out as I'd be buggered how to say it..is it like "Irish Moose", "Irish Moss", "Iris Schmoosh"..?) but even the seller reckons it wasn't as big as the hype. As consolation he is boxing a little LaToja sample…which should be interesting..........

It's simple, it's Sir Irisch Moos (SIM for insiders). Weird spelling perhaps. The seller is completely and utterly wrong. It's the same basic formula as Tabac, a tad softer in my view, with a beautiful scent. I've already got five sticks of it. Four of which I had to use threats to extract from reluctant German e-bayers. You'd be mad not to put your hand up for it. On the other hand it'll probably be gone as it's a shavepocalyps item.

^^^^ what he said

Alright well I got in at the last minute and added the SIR. So all things being equal the package should arrive by week's end and we'll see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks all. Got soap and cream enough for a bit now I reckon.

Only until the next post by someone wanting to "clear their den". Haha!