Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
All,

Just got the following reply from Turnleys re: onshore Pjnauds Clubman. I'll find out the cost, but do et me know whether you're interested - as it might even effect the cost per unit.
-----
Hi Mark,
We dont have any of that [Pinauds Clubman Special Reserve] in stock but we could order some for you.
How many would you like?
Regards,
Turnleys Customer Service

Turnleys (Aust.) Pty. Ltd.
Ph: + 61 3 9416 1300
W: www.turnleys.com.au
E: info@turnleys.com.au

I might have been tempted but am trying to be strict with my shaving purchases this year.

My very cheap and cheerful Omega (~$4) fell apart and needed replacing, and I bought some TOBS Jermyn at the same time to celebrate finishing off some other creams, but other than that I can't think of anything else shaving related I have bought this year.

Apparently (I have been reminded) Mrs Egg bought those so I've not actually made any shaving related purchases at all this year. I wonder if I can make it a whole 12 months?

Last edited:
I'd be in for a bottle because
  1. Mark likes it
  2. Mark likes it
  3. Pinaud - come on! This is shaving royalty.
  4. I can probably save a few dollars on a trip to Pasteurs to pick up a bottle myself.
  5. Because you are probably going to need to order a box - I am assuming 12 bottles.

Pinaud: $5 aftershave selling for $30 + postage. You gotta really want it...

Mark was good enough to get me the regular when he was in NY. You could dilute it and still crop dust with the stuff...

Well done @stillshunter

As I mentioned elsewhere these are available on eBay here. I've contacted the seller and asked them to confirm that they will ship to Australia and what the cost would be for 2 - 6 bottles.

The bottle I have I got in 2010/2011 and is still more than half full. At this rate 5 bottles will well and truly last me the rest of my life (assuming I live to nearly 100).

Now be warned that you will either love or hate the Special Reserve. It is different to the usual Clubman too, check out the reviews on Basenotes here.

I'll post back when I get a response from the eBay seller. If Turnley's can do it cheaper happy to get some from them :)

Well fellas well see what the cost, minimum buy, turnaround, etc. is. Keep you posted.

Response from eBay seller:

'Yes, we do indeed send this item to Australia on an almost daily basis. Shipping for 2 will be around $19, 4 for around $29, 6 for around $36 (these are just estimations, a combined shipping rate will be applied). '

This would be on top of the $6.89 purchase price (and all amounts in $US) - so about $16/$14/$13 per bottle delivered to Australia. That would need to be converted to $A and domestic postage at $7 would need to be added.

Alternatively if you all want to chip in and cover the airfare I'm happy to take one for the team and get some from Pasteur in NYC :)

The only Pinaud I've used is VIBR. How does this "Special reserve" stack up? What do you smell?
One thing with this cheap AS is that the scent lingers for a long time!

Don't ask me to descibe - that basenotes link will do a much better job.

Just to be clear @stillshunter - I'm in for 2 bottles from Turnleys if they are cheaper than the eBay price.

Don't ask me to descibe - that basenotes link will do a much better job.

Yeah, already had a look. A bit all over the place.

I just want to hear from you! Is it sweet or spicy? Floral or citrusy? Musk-like or tobacco-like?

I'm terrible at describing scents :(

Let me help you @Mark1966 . It is a sweet spice scent with hints of orange blossoms and a musky tobacco after note. There ya go @filobiblic, all your questions answered. :)

GT is the man! You must be the guy who ticks everything in the census...
Buddhist: yep.
Breatharian: yep
Catholic: yep
Jedi Knight: yep

GT is the man! You must be the guy who ticks everything in the census...
Buddhist: yep.
Breatharian: yep
Catholic: yep
Jedi Knight: yep
Not a bad idea - Normally I just bin the census form on the grounds I am simply a figment of my own imagination, but perhaps I will try that next time. Anyway glad I could help.