Poor packing and ebay

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
So a while ago I bought a razor from French ebay hoping it was a Leresche (it was just a copy unfortunately but that's another story).
So the photo for the is below. The box is a bit beaten up, but it's old, and that's to be expected - I didn't mind a little character.
6FditrP.jpg

The item finally arrived today, the above box had just been placed inside one of those envelopes with bubblewrap inside.
I opened it up to see this:
y1h3Nqu.jpg

Would you make a fuss over that, or just accept it?

I would certainly make a fuss over it!

It is the sellers responsibility to get the item to you undamaged. By packing in a padded envelope they clearly have not done enough to protect the item.

Don't let them bleat about it happening because they shipped to Australia - they could have shipped within France and the same thing would have happened. Padded envelopes do NOT provide sufficient protection for such items.

Regardless of what you paid for it you have now lost value because of the damage to the case.

It was only $25 inc delivery in the first place

I just received a parcel from eBay with the same "packing". A padded envelope treatment. Mine survived but I'm not impressed by it.

I think it is definitely NOT acceptable IF:
A) The item could be damaged during transit.
B) They have charged a certain price for postage.

So in your case they may not have charged much for postage, but because it could be damaged (as it was already well worn) they ought to have packed it better. Unacceptable.

Unless things have changed with paypal please be careful when making a claim about condition of an item!

I don't want to go into details here, but basically if you buy a used item and you receive the item in poor condition, paypal will automatically go with the seller. They guys and girls in the claims department - who most likely sit in a South Asian country - have no idea nor care about things like COLLECTABLE!!!

So a while ago I bought a razor from French ebay hoping it was a Leresche (it was just a copy unfortunately but that's another story).
So when do we get to hear this story of yours?

No real story to tell, I took a punt on it being a Leresche. If I had been sober at the time I might not have taken that punt. But still, it was cheap enough.

Stick it up them. That's just lazy and cheap. It should have been boxed.

I received my slim from the US in just a padded envelope too, luckily not damaged.

Return it to them, at their expense!

I've approached the seller, and suggested a refund of the postage costs from Europe. We will see what they have to say.

This sort of poor packaging concerns me as my last few packages have been thrown over a 6 foot fence by the postie:eek:. Luckily nothing breakable but he wouldn't have known that
Might be time you threw him over the fence!

How about getting a letter box?

How very suburban of you mate!

Don't you know the cosmopolitan types like @borked cannot be constrained to conform to those domestic rigidities. Their front yards need to be free, able to express and connect with the wider urban landscape.

Oh come on, if I had the option, I would use a safe out front in lieu of the letterbox.
Let's see stuff go missing then!

$200 @ bunnings... hmm...

Brilliant IDEA but ...

Please note: All major couriers, including Australia Post, are supportive of the Pakman™ concept and can deliver parcels to a Pakman™ box. However,some retailers may have specific agreements in place with a courier in which they specify that a signature is required for deliveries. Such agreements will override any individual delivery instructions that the shopper provides. If this happens, the courier may still leave a delivery note if nobody is available to sign for the parcel.

(http://www.pakmanparcelbox.com.au/faqs/)