Relative newbie from Adelaide

robdre69

Hi all,

I began my DE shaving in July of this year and absolutely enjoy shaving...who would have thought.
The other half finds it ridiculous that I need so many razors and soaps.
So far I have a weishi TTO (my first), followd by two slim adjustables, one long handled super adjustable, brithish aristocrat (my step dads dads razor), several GEMS and one straight.
My sister inlaw who lives in Engalnd recently sent me 13 palmolive sticks (Euro) and I love this...very similar to the 4 Fiji made palmolive sticks from a deceased estate.

Hello again! Thought I was seeing ghosts. Couldn't find your previous thread but I'm assuming you're the same robdre69. 13 Palmolive sticks should keep you going for a while. If you're in to sticks, there are a few other ones you should try and get hold of. La Toja, Speick, Arko and Tabac to name a few.

Last edited:
Hi mate, welcome aboard.

Camelot is another stick you might want to try too.

Hi all, I began my DE shaving in July of this year and absolutely enjoy shaving...who would have thought.

Greetings and welcome!

Yes, it's funny finding actual pleasure & satisfaction in something that you'd taken as a mundane essential task ever since you've had to do it. Is kind of an epiphany in that regard.

Sounds like you've got some great gear there - hard to go past the Slim's, really the pinnacle of Gillette's efforts in DE razors.

Look forward to speaking to you in the future,

Cheers, Nick :)

Welcome,

I'm a stick fan too, haven't tried the Euro Palmolive yet... But it very highly regarded.

GZD Berber from Bestshave.net is also very good IMO, also you can get Arko from there.

Cheers

Welcome mate!

Yay - I can reply to posts now.

Welcome to the forum, Rob.

If you need any work done on your cut-throat, send me some photos and I'll see if I can help you out.

I'm the odd one out here - I don't do DE's (very often)........:embarrest:

There seems to be a bit of funniness with Rob's old account which we deleted and hopefully this one has no issues.

Welcome back!