Rockwell T2 stainless steel

Rusty Bridges

Owns a betacord/betamax
The Rockwell T2 Stainless Steel

So after so many years of promises Rockwell has delivered a stainless steel razor.

T2-SS-Product-Image-2-1-1000x.png
100-Stainless-Steel-700x.jpg

Featuring a twist-to-open mechanism and fluidly adjustable shave settings, the T2 in stainless steel is a luxurious, precision-crafted razor that can be treasured for a lifetime!

Features:
  • Made from pure stainless steel, using a combination of metal injection molding and lathe machining to deliver unparalleled quality and durability.
  • Simple, safe and intuitive twist-to-open mechanism for blade loading and unloading with a blade locking mechanism to keep blades securely in place during use.
  • Infinite shave settings with a dial adjuster for careful positioning of your shave setting, allowing the perfect shave for every skin type and hair length.
  • No blade overhang allowing for better maneuvering and safe blade loading and setting adjustments
  • 100% plastic-free construction minimizes your environmental impact.

T2 Stainless Steel vs T2 Regular
T2-SS-Infographic.jpg

ComponentT2 Stainless SteelT2 Regular
Safety Bar316L Stainless SteelZinc
Thrust Plate316L Stainless SteelZinc
Clamshells316L Stainless SteelZinc
T-Bar316L Stainless SteelZinc
TTO adjustment knob316L Stainless SteelBrass
Dial Adjuster316L Stainless SteelBrass
TTO End Cap316L Stainless SteelBrass
TTO Housing316L Stainless SteelBrass
Internal Spring304 Stainless Steel304 Stainless Steel
Internal Screw304 Stainless Steel304 Stainless Steel
Internal Gripping Assembly*Brass + NBR50Brass + NBR50
Internal Threaded Nut**BrassBrass
Internal Dial & Knob O-rings***NBR70NBR70

Purchase Link

Personal opinion:
I own three Rockwell razors two being the very first Model-T and the second iteration, the Model-T2 and do feel that the T2 was a solid offering but I always wanted to have one in Stainless Steel with a little more precision in build quality. There were a few things that bothered me
I found the Rockwell Model-T2 aka Rockwell T2 to be a fine razor with little to complain about but do expect a much higher standard with this model.
I would have preferred a nice shiny finish but that is just me. I do enjoy the slickness and glide of the white chrome T2 but I feel a lot of it also has to do with the curve on the safety bars too.
I do hope that the adjustment dials and bottom knob are a little easier and consistent on smoothness to turn as with my T2 I felt like the O rings had to warm up each time to allow for a more satisfying and smooth adjustment but that is probably just me being critical.
There is no word yet where these parts are manufactured and assembled.

If you were curious about the T2 or liked the previous T2 then I can say its a decent enough razor and with a stainless construction it may be that much better.

Last edited:
My Rockwell 6S is more than I need from any razor. Match up the right plate with the right blade and it's hard to imagine a better outcome. It's a very elegant design, notwithstanding it's really hard to imagine how anyone could possibly use plate 1. It is the antithesis of disposable and could well be shaving someone in a few hundred years, if DE blades are still available then. The simplicity of the design means it is also really easy to keep clean with just an old toothbrush and toothpaste. Nevertheless, what has that got to do with anything? This is new and pretty and has more features, so I will probably buy it, in the full knowledge that I will end up looking at my 6S while thinking how that is still such a more robust and elegant design. While this will probably not even last my lifetime before breaking a spring etc...

Well said @RazorPlay -

My [insert name of any one of my 300+ razors] is more than I need from any razor. Match up the right plate with the right blade and it's hard to imagine a better outcome.

... but when has THAT stopped us buying another razor?

Well said @RazorPlay -

My [insert name of any one of my 300+ razors] is more than I need from any razor. Match up the right plate with the right blade and it's hard to imagine a better outcome.

... but when has THAT stopped us buying another razor?
It’s just another bloody razor, you’ll understand why we all can’t make up our mind and only choose just one razor.

It’s just another bloody razor, you’ll understand why we all can’t make up our mind and only choose just one razor.
I pretty much did, for the whole of my 2021 sabbatical. I was happy as a pig in shit with just my Vector for that period. Now I have 3 razors, which is definitely more than enough. Wrong, I have 4, but I'll give that last one away soon.

I had to edit the first post a few times and one time delete an entire speech about me not being one of the people to jump on this one this time and why but after writing it up I noticed that I had the wrong link for the razor and was meant to update it with the costs and everything so I start to update it and then got an email with a backer coupon so I thought okay I will run through a mock sale with and without the coupon and put in the costs in AUD. It was pretty late when I started this thread and had a splitting headache. I figured I would get a payment summary and breakdown before the final step, I tapped a few buttons and was suddenly greeted with a congratulations text. Nooooo!! I just purchased the razor!

On top of being a fool I didn't even order the one I typically would have ordered with the stand to match so that is also going to bother me when it arrives (arrived today) but that is my own fault. I kinda had that money aside for another razor so it did also cause a few delays with that.

I will probably have to tap out on my RAD pretty soon but have two more razors that I have already committed to. One being the Lambda Athena razor I had mentioned here before.
It's funny that when you aren't able to afford the razors and products you always wanted they suddenly start coming back to mind just chipping away at you.

So back on topic. The razor is actually well on its way now as its been on shipped a few days after I created this thread so I can say that Rockwell have upped their game in delivering as they sent the razor express and is scheduled to reach here on the 13th so that's encouraging. With the obvious exception of the first Model-T, I can honestly say they are firing on all pistons when it comes to delivering goods at set times. I vaguely recall getting the previous version the Model-T2 pretty quickly also that shaved very well for me but we will see what it is like when it turns up.

I will post up some sort of review for it as soon as I can. There are a few manufacturing specifics that I am not sure about yet.

Yes the Rockwell 6S is a fantastic razor and realistically most razors can get the job done pretty well no matter how little they cost, often all we need to do is adjust our technique and other variables to get a good shave but for better or worse we are hobbyists, whilst some of us are better than others at managing their spending and self control there are others like me that aren't very good that good and clearly my fingers have a mind of their own on the mouse. lol
At the end of the day work within your means and enjoy what you have and all aspects of life.

I agree the Vector is one of those razors that you can ride out to the rest of your life (as is the Blackbird). I'm glad I have it in my collection and will enjoy it and the many other razors I have when I try to hold myself to some sort of restraint.
I do feel like 2023 is going to be a so tempting for wet shavers. I know that Blackland, Tatara, Lambda, Smart-Helix may have something coming out this year to name a few so I will just have to try my best to enjoy what I have as the many generations before us have. haha.

---------------------------------
Okay so as I mentioned the razor arrived today and they were kind enough to throw in a few extra's which was very cool. It was shipped express and arrived in 6 days. I would say that is pretty good for any international shipping and the fact that it arrived today on a Sunday here then its pretty fantastic.

I gave the razor a quick once over and it appeared to be okay. If I can I will spend some time tomorrow to compare it to the regular old T2 and maybe have a shave with it but so far so good.
I will try take some pics of it and the bonuses they tossed in also.
At the time of writing Rockwell (according to an email) have only 50 remaining for now as they did say they only had an initial batch of 500 but at this point I know money is precious and if you are on the fence about it don't feel bad if you miss out or want to wait for a review from myself and more established reviewers and people you know you can trust to give you their opinion.
There are some 15% coupons available right now but I am sure Rockwell will do many more sales right now. As it is I have noticed that Blackland, tatara and Rex to name a few are doing some % off sales for Valentines right now anyway so keep your eyes out for deals.

So far on delivery Rockwell gets a big tick of approval from me.
There is one technical issue though. I did not get an email or tracking details and had to email them about it but that may be an isolated issue. If you do buy anything from them and not get any tracking just email them, they were very helpful to me and provided me with a tracking number and link.

I had a thought about the stand, it appears (at least to my eyes) the finish is the same as the 6S which means my old 6S stand looks to match it well. I do feel that my white chrome stand from my Model-T and T2Z (T2 Zamak) has a better fit so I don't know there has been changes since my very old 6S but that is something I have noticed. It's not a big deal but I can be a bit of a stickler for such things.

Rumor has it that this stainless steel version is a little more mild than the previous model but I will have to spend a bit of time with it over the next few weeks comparing side by side to get a better idea.

Another thing I have noticed that straight off the bat the adjustment dial and bottom knob are much smoother than the previous model. I did mention that the previous model seemed to take some time for the O rings to warm up and become more fluid but on this one it remains at one constant smooth motion. There is no grinding feel on the bottom knob like my previous model either.

Okay so first shave in and from what I can tell the stainless steel model is more mild than the previous two. Having shaved with the T2Z (Calling it the Z for Zamak for simplicity) I honestly feel like this Stainless Steel version is more mild. Usually on the T2Z I don't like to go above 3 and cannot tolerate the much higher settings but this one seems much more mild. I even went as high as setting 6 with no real threat or immediate harshness so I am not sure what is going on but I will have to make a side by side comparison with both razors at the same time. It kinda takes away from the fun of the shave and becomes more time consuming but I feel like that is the way to go considering today's outcome.
I have heard that other experienced shavers have felt the same (such as Mantic59) so that is perhaps more food for thought. I am keen to hear more but to me it seemed obvious.

Was the shave bad? No, far from it but I would imagine that setting one and two would be like the 6S and almost useless if not entirely useless for most although that is something I am yet to test.

I started out on setting three and had to dial it up to four which is where I spent most of my time. I tried setting five and was still a little underwhelmed so I went up to setting 6 which was still not in the same league as the T2Z from memory.

My last shave was on the 3rd of Feb with the Rockwell T2Z so fast forward to today the 17th of Feb and with this full growth the razor did somewhat clog a little but not much although it did kind of leave some build up of hair in between the lather channels under the blade but honestly it did not seem to affect the shave. I usually rinse it under a running tap after a few strokes.

59241150-aeab-11ed-b96a-35336dd6dbc9.jpg

I will have to use this razor more under different conditions. My face had plenty of time to rest so most razors will yield a nice smooth shave so we shall see. It may have seemed more mild than its predecessors but I cannot argue with the results. A smooth BBS without any real dramas, its the kind of shave people hope for but whether or not it will be efficient enough I am not sure but another thought is that I will have to bring the 6S into the comparison also as many people know and love that razor.

In regards to the fit of the razor in my old Rockwell stand it appears that this early 6S stand has a hole that is a little larger than the current models. I can't say for sure if it is something that is consistent today with all 6S stands but I would assume that all stands made today are the same as my later model white chrome stand as the fit was much nicer with that so it looks like some day I may have to buy another stand for this razor.

Last edited: