SE honing and stropping

Yeah I'm surprised people haven't done this before rather than just collect them. They are after all just slices of straight razor. You've got a seven day set haven't you @Mark1966 ? All you have to do is get $5,000 worth of sharpening stones, a couple of strops, spend a few months learning how to get them shave ready and Bob's your Uncle, Fanny's your Aunt.

Last edited:
Not sure it is a 7 day set @Pjotr but it is a set made by C.V HELJESTRAND ESKILSTUNA SWEDEN with the wedge blades. I was thinking of contacting @Mark about whether they could be sharpened and see if it can have a run.

Stropping though - no so sure about!

Not sure it is a 7 day set @Pjotr but it is a set made by C.V HELJESTRAND ESKILSTUNA SWEDEN with the wedge blades. I was thinking of contacting @Mark about whether they could be sharpened and see if it can have a run.

That would be a great idea. Unless they're pitted beyond use I'm sure they can be sharpened.

As long as they're not heavily beaten up it will be fine, I've honed plenty of Rolls blades, Wilkinson sword and Gillette empire blades. Royal pain in the ass by can be done for sure :)
(not valet auto strop)

As long as they're not heavily beaten up it will be fine, I've honed plenty of Rolls blades, Wilkinson sword and Gillette empire blades. Royal pain in the ass by can be done for sure :)
(not valet auto strop)
@gthomas04 you can get that set into your rotation now :)