Semogue Limited Edition 2011 Boar and Badger

JugV2

Simply boring.
Here are a couple pics of both. They were at stupid prices brand new, but I bought them second hand.

The boar gets the most use and looks like a surfie's head, whilst the badger looks a bit more refined. I have only used the badger a handful of times as I have a nice little T & H badger I bought from Drubbing for daily use.

Anyway check them out.

20130429_203201.jpg20130429_203222.jpg20130429_203233.jpg20130429_203247.jpg

That boar looks like me on weekends; spackin' the fuck out! :laugh:

That thing has bloomed wide! Is it soft or does it have some backbone?

I have to say a bit of both - it has plenty of backbone and is very firm, yet in the tips I can do a bit of delicate painting of the face when I need to.

I've been doing a little snooping around about these and came across the 2009 LE's too. Now I have my fingers crossed that they'll keep the trend going with a '13 LE set.

How does Semogue finest badger stack up? It seems like a lot of the price tag on these brushes was for the handle.

The badger is good, firm enough to use on soaps - normally I use a boar for soap and a badger for cream, but this is nice and firm.

You have a very good point about the handle...it's a nice handle but the fur is pretty good too.

Good backbone and it holds a lot of cream.

No shedding, no odd smell, good bloom once it gets loaded.

They both sound really good, and it's nice to see that there are demonstrable improvements over the normal lines to justify the LE tag. Did you get a good deal on them? I'm seeing that people paid $70ish for their boars elsewhere, which is pretty steep for a piggy.

I bought both second hand but only used once if I recall, I don't remember how much I paid but it was a really good deal from a mate.