September 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
qPHJ1i8.jpg

Brad Sears bi colour Pug 28mm.
Declaration B5 24mm set in a Mozingo handle.

Oh, oh very nice fine sir. Very nice indeed one must say, and I do. (y)

GqeOm5Wm.jpg

Update on the 20mm Master Badger brush. I set the knot @ 47mm which went well except for the dreaded excess glue above the handle @58RW :)
To assist with estimating my ideal loft I had lathered the knot to get some idea of bloom. Thank you @bald as this was a very helpful suggestion. @nav1 also warned against setting too deep which I very nearly went to 46mm loft after seeing the initial bloom pre setting. That one millimetre makes a surprising amount of difference.
Once set I thought maybe I had set too deep just looking at the shape of the knot post setting (first image).
I used the brush today and it was brilliant.
lx4cBAdm.jpg

Right amount of backbone and good flowthrough. Face feel is luxurious. Very happy with how this project turned out. I think this brush is going to be a very welcome addition to the brush family.

Last edited:
GqeOm5Wm.jpg

Update on the 20mm Master Badger brush. I set the knot @ 47mm which went well except for the dreaded excess glue above the handle @58RW :)
To assist with estimating my ideal loft I had lathered the knot to get some idea of bloom. Thank you @bald as this was a very helpful suggestion. @nav1 also warned against setting too deep which I very nearly went to 46mm loft after seeing the initial bloom pre setting. That one millimetre makes a surprising amount of difference.
Once set I thought maybe I had set too deep just looking at the shape of the knot post setting (first image).
lx4cBAdm.jpg

Right amount of backbone and good flowthrough. Face feel is luxurious. Very happy with how this project turned out. I think this brush is going to be a very welcome addition to the brush family.
Oooops you did didn't you

GqeOm5Wm.jpg

lx4cBAdm.jpg

Fantastic!!
Does the knot have any scritch or is it very soft on the face?

I think I'll use my 18mm finest soon, it doesn't see much use at all.

I've resisted buying either of the APR releases.

I actually think that this deserves a special banner @Monsta_AU - or at least the removal of my old Sabbatical Fail one - this is GREAT restraint!

Status
Not open for further replies.