Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too busy with work I believe from what he's said earlier. He doesn't get to be the best Realator without dropping us slackers from time to time...
Yep, mostly work, I'm working 7 days a week mostly at the moment. I have even had to cut back time with the band to twice a month which really sucks.

I guess I just lost the urgency of posting every shaving related thing I do, and as most of you older members know by now, I'm not really that much of a contributor, more of a comments man and a sarcastic remark kind of person.

@filobiblic @stillshunter

...more of a comments man and a sarcastic remark kind of person.
Seagull - swoops down, squawks and then leaves others to deal with his mess. [emoji38]

Fark...didn't know I was quite that lowly thought of. Still, if the shoe fits I guess.
Seagulls are admirable birds. You'll always find them when you're not expecting them... Pidgeons on the other hand...

Mike's Lime
Semogue 630
Muhle R41 (2011)
Blade - can't remember
TiTan UFO handle
Thayer's Lemon
Myrsol Lemon

As I've heard it said - BBS found me. I didn't chase it. Going in with a 3-day growth and using the R41 helped but there was more going on. Everything just came together.

I joined this forum in 2012 and have enjoyed observing but also diving in and interacting. My posts have been intermittent - dependent on my motivation and other distractions. The drawcard has been the ability to escape, have some fun, learn, and get involved in the banter. It's a shame to hear that the forum no longer feels right for some of the pioneers of this group.

My photo (taken with my phone) took little preparation. The lemon may seem wanky but it's just a bit of fun. Keep posting fancy photos if that's what interests you. I certainly enjoy seeing all the weird and wonderful props and effects.

For those who joined later than me - my avatar line (courtesy of @Mark1966) relates to the "g word" that I was instructed to never use: "g_ntlem_n" (aka giant lemons). There - I said it and I don't care about the consequences.
LeN3E84.jpg

Last edited:
I have even had to cut back time with the band to twice a month which really sucks.
I guess I just lost the urgency of posting every shaving related thing I do, and as most of you older members know by now, I'm not really that much of a contributor, more of a comments man and a sarcastic remark kind of person.
Mate let us know the name of the band and when you're playing next so we can return the favour live and lobbed from the balcony while you're strangling out the riffs. ;)

Expect the unexpected...
20151115_zpsri5yqj0b.png

Face Wash : Shower
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Simpsons Chubby #1 - Best Badger
Soap : Savonniere du Moulin Asses Milk Soap
Razor : Feather AS-D2
Blade : Feather [2]
After Shave : Argan Oil
After Shave Splash : Proraso Green

This shave started out as something else. Without my specs on, I grabbed what I thought was my Zubari Hoshimasa straight and a hanging strop on the way to the bathroom. I stropped the razor and lathered up after a thorough prep routine. The moment I started shaving I knew something was wrong - the razor tugged badly, and didn't seem to have cut a single whisker. I realised what I'd done : I'd taken a razor from the "to be honed" pile in my semi blind state. I couldn't be bothered leaving the bathroom to get another straight, so I grabbed the closest shaver in my bathroom which turned out to be the Feather AS-D2.

The shave was an exercise in simplicity from that point on. Feather razor with Feather blade is just an awesome combination - laser sharp but totally comfortable. It seemed like hardly any time had elapsed, and I had a DFS result from a single pass with a few touchups. A splash of the quite respectable Proraso Green, and the unexpected DE shave was done.

No pictures of my shaving gear and don't hold your breath. They ain't coming.

Preshave: I slap my face awake to prepare itself for a shave.
Razor: Muhle 2011 R41 "BloodLetter"
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Restored Boeckhs Boar
Soap: Proraso Menthol Original
Post : Wire brush and Dettol to catch any weepers. There were none but I used the wire brush and Dettol anyway. Because.

Up at 630, into the shower, Nivea "Cleen Deper" face scrub and that's all the prep I need.

A good shave, WTG and XTG and as smooth as possible. I'm well used to the razor now as it is my daily shaver. I've retired the Merkur Adjustable, haven't used it in over a year. R41 all the way baby.

I know what you're thinking. How could I possibly have shaved without some kind of deep inner "me time" navel gazing, connecting with my inner Zen god, flowing music notes as I lovingly cress my skin with the most obscure yet acceptable cream or soap I can name drop?

Well I ain't got time for that, ladies. I shaved, it was good, now I'm typing this to you as I sip on my second Gary Coleman of the day.

That's a short black to you, cupcake.
Would love to have your skin - after 5 shaves with the 2013 BloodLetter I managed to get 1 blood free shave - mission accomplished for me...and if Menthol comes near my face I already get bumps...

I know you promised no pics - but is the wire brush/dettol part for real? I would love to see a pic of that brush...

BTW: sometimes 1000 words are better than a pic - so keep em coming ;)

From my Balcony with Love :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
20151116_SOTDS_zpspg1r30i0.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
First shave with Mike's after my encounter with Mystic Waters...it is close, but I fear my No 1 spot has been conquered by Mystic Waters. Just wins on post-shave and glide. Having said that, Mike's will always have a fixed spot in my rotation, I just love that lather.

Would love to have your skin - after 5 shaves with the 2013 BloodLetter I managed to get 1 blood free shave - mission accomplished for me...and if Menthol comes near my face I already get bumps...

I know you promised no pics - but is the wire brush/dettol part for real? I would love to see a pic of that brush...

BTW: sometimes 1000 words are better than a pic - so keep em coming ;)
Proraso is not menthol, it's a tickle at best!

From my Balcony with Love :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First shave with Mike's after my encounter with Mystic Waters...it is close, but I fear my No 1 spot has been conquered by Mystic Waters. Just wins on post-shave and glide. Having said that, Mike's will always have a fixed spot in my rotation, I just love that lather.

WOW, big call. I have feel a soap off coming on!

BTW - love the balcony view!!! :) (y)

Well I ain't got time for that, ladies. I shaved, it was good, now I'm typing this to you as I sip on my second Gary Coleman of the day.

That's a short black to you, cupcake.

Well I was impressed by the wire brush, man's shave. But you've lost me now???? I thought Gary Coleman was a male actor? Not what I expected to follow a man's shave. And real men DO drink short blacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.