Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My shaving gear at Jan 1. 2016 - using again Dec. 31, 2106. View as my New (Zealand) shave. T&D cream still a favorite and on 2nd tub. Goodfella razor was favorite and only razor for nearly 1 year. Mild OC was good starter razor.
Razor: Goodfella
Blade: Derby purchased from New Zealand vendor with Goodfella razor
Cream: Triumph & Diaster
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger and my first NEW brush

9staRCe.jpg

96qEsvA.jpg

December 31, 2016

Rockwell 6s
Polsilver SI
Paladin "Falstaff"
Mike's Natural Soaps "Vetiver"
Myrsol "Plastic Shave"
Myrsol "Emulsion"

Final shave of the year and I decided there was no better option than to go with my top picks for 2016.

Hope that everyone enjoys the nights festivities and stays safe throughout.

Happy New Year!

0mkRE9v.jpg

December 30, 2016

Stealth Slant
Astra
Shavemac D01 2 Band
Barrister and Mann "Seville"
Australian Private Reserve "L'endroit orange" combo

One thing I have to say about the Barrister and Mann Seville is that I really do enjoy the scent. During his recent trip to sleepy Adelaide @todras was kind enough to bring some samples of his latest splashes and balms. The "L'endroit orange" is a dead ringer to the Seville and is a fantastic accompaniment to the soap. I found that with this splash it still takes some time for my skin to absorb all of the essential oils whereas I found with another APR splash the other day that this was not the case. Not sure what the reason behind this is and perhaps one of our resident chemists has some input to share? Is it perhaps because we absorb some oils more readily than others? In any event both the splash and the balm fulfil their purpose wonderfully. I find that the B&M soaps do not leave the same luxurious post shave feel as I enjoy from Mike's Natural Soaps but the APR combo easily takes care of that and leaves my skin feeling hydrated, refreshed and soft. I did find that this particular scent did not last as long as some other APR scents but this too is not an issue as I enjoy using an EDT most days. Another outstanding offering from @todras and I have no issue whatsoever recommending that you give it a try.

Agree @nsavage. The L'endroit Orange is excellent. Kudos again to @todras.

52489fd4624acb039ea6f0103b752024.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafsmilch
Razor: ATT Kronos open comb M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (1)
EDC: DR Harris Mayfair

Been struggling with the vintage Wilkies, so changed out to a Gillette Super Silver. Very sharp and smooth. Worked really well in the ATT open comb head, ably assisted by the wonderful Haslinger lather. Very comfortable and close 3 pass shave, and a cracking post-shave feel.
If I were listing underrated colognes, DR Harris's Mayfair would be high on the list. Fresh, yet with multifaceted complexity, it is a beauty.

Well done guys - great SOTDs for 2016.

With 2017 now upon us (Down Under at least) head here for the future ones - Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.