Status
Not open for further replies.
Preshave - damn hot shower!
Brush - Razorock Big Bruce
Soap - Stirling Hot Apple Cider
Razor - Rockwell 6s (R3)
Blade - Gillette Nacet (3)
Aftershave - Stirling Barbershop splash

First day back at work after 6 amazing weeks in North America. Very chilly Melbourne morning compared to the states except for Alaska in parts, but that was weeks ago! Thought I’d go a soap that’ll be sure to be wintery and wasn’t disappointed.

This going to work business ain’t much chop though!

Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword blade (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch balm
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Great way to start the working week!​

m1IwrgI.jpg

CL Pre Shave Butter
M&F 2XL 28mm
ATT R1+UFO
Feather
AOS NOS Sandalwood
Fine Santal Absolut
Chatillon Lux Rose Santal EDT

dO3WRNTl.jpg

Semogue Boar, Proraso Red, Baili BD 191, Polsilver, Witch Hazel, Old Spice Musk
Ordered the Baili a month ago and it arrived today.It came in a neat black box with a slide out cradle and a tuck of Baili blades and I noticed the weight as soon as I picked up the package.I got my scales and the handle is 74.1 grams and the head 25.4 and the finish is remarkable for a razor costing a grand total of $12.13 shipped.Very nice chrome finish and the only imperfections I could find was underneath the cap with three very small scratches that were only noticed because I looked for them,otherwise not a mark on it anywhere including machine marks.Blade sits evenly and handle threaded tight.
The head is very similar to a Tech,but the blade sits with more exposure and slightly more gap from what I could see comparatively.Shaving was very smooth,though the exposure was noted and first pass WTG left me with a passable result.Second pass was not really needed,but I like to do two so XTG cheeks and ATG neck/throat,under the nose is always WTG and chin is multiple strokes every direction I can to get smooth.
Ended with a few small weepers to the left of voicebox,but those were due to using too much pressure as it is not needed for this head.
This is a bloody good razor.Cheap and Chinese but still a quality built shaver and for the price I cannot fault it.

dO3WRNTl.jpg

Semogue Boar, Proraso Red, Baili BD 191, Polsilver, Witch Hazel, Old Spice Musk
Ordered the Baili a month ago and it arrived today.It came in a neat black box with a slide out cradle and a tuck of Baili blades and I noticed the weight as soon as I picked up the package.I got my scales and the handle is 74.1 grams and the head 25.4 and the finish is remarkable for a razor costing a grand total of $12.13 shipped.Very nice chrome finish and the only imperfections I could find was underneath the cap with three very small scratches that were only noticed because I looked for them,otherwise not a mark on it anywhere including machine marks.Blade sits evenly and handle threaded tight.
The head is very similar to a Tech,but the blade sits with more exposure and slightly more gap from what I could see comparatively.Shaving was very smooth,though the exposure was noted and first pass WTG left me with a passable result.Second pass was not really needed,but I like to do two so XTG cheeks and ATG neck/throat,under the nose is always WTG and chin is multiple strokes every direction I can to get smooth.
Ended with a few small weepers to the left of voicebox,but those were due to using too much pressure as it is not needed for this head.
This is a bloody good razor.Cheap and Chinese but still a quality built shaver and for the price I cannot fault it.
Gosh. At 12 bucks it's pretty hard to not be happy with it if it gives an ok shave... That's about 3 Gillette Fusion cartridges.
Nice work! I've often wondered if they were usable.

Date: 18 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #7
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
EJ silvertip fibre L v1
Fine L-orange Noir
Anherb balm

Very enjoyable scent on the fine soap. The lather is also awesome! I had blind purchased the entire set of Fine soaps and they really are very high quality soaps!

20180618_101010_01.jpg

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Razor: Hart Steel 5/8
  3. Soap: Simpsons peppermint and rosemary
  4. Brush: Simpsons Tulip 3, Manchurian
  5. Postshave: RazoRock King Louis Lavender wax
  6. Earworm: Paint it black - The Rolling Stones
Slightly rushed this morning to help get the kids out of the house on time, which led to a small nick on my chin. However, BBS after two passes so still happy. The lather was a bit thick on the first pass so had to water it down some.

2Sl0hoc.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool

Just goes to show how important technique is. Could not get a good shave for the life of me when I first got the DE89, now it does as good a job as anything else.

June 18, 2018 - Menthol Monday
TqdAX3Fl.jpg

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sea Kelp
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts Custom "Neon Lights" - 26mm Zenith
Razor: Razorock German 37 Slant on Maggard Blue MR-16
Blade: Polsilver SI
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Coolabah - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Coolabah - Aftershave
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux - Fourth & Pine - Eau de Cologne

Holy hell its hot. Yesterday, it reached 94° without humidity. My mother stopped by with my aunt while my wife & I were outside shooting some hoops. Literally, just standing there talking with them and I was starting to sweat. Today's high is suppose to be 92° with a high AF humidity. Needed some menthol on my body today so I opted for Coolabah. Great scent and a good amount of menthol. Hope everyone has a great start to the week and try not to melt ;-)

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: OSP Fougère
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Scent: APR General Ledger

Lovely three pass shave. OSP really do have an excellent soap base.

Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword blade (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch balm
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Early morning start means no decision preferable - same kit as yesterday - great choice

June 18, 2018 - Menthol Monday
TqdAX3Fl.jpg

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sea Kelp
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts Custom "Neon Lights" - 26mm Zenith
Razor: Razorock German 37 Slant on Maggard Blue MR-16
Blade: Polsilver SI
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Coolabah - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Coolabah - Aftershave
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux - Fourth & Pine - Eau de Cologne

Holy hell its hot. Yesterday, it reached 94° without humidity. My mother stopped by with my aunt while my wife & I were outside shooting some hoops. Literally, just standing there talking with them and I was starting to sweat. Today's high is suppose to be 92° with a high AF humidity. Needed some menthol on my body today so I opted for Coolabah. Great scent and a good amount of menthol. Hope everyone has a great start to the week and try not to melt ;-)
That's around 30c? Not bad with no humidity but with high humidity forget it.yuck.still better than the 1c and layer of frost all over my car I got up to this morning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.