Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec. 19, 2018 - Bombora!
qhetMVql.jpg

Prep: Shower
Brush: Brad Sears Magistrate in Passionate Pink - 30mm 2-band 1801A2B Select Badger
Razor: Maggard V3A
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Bombora - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Bombora - Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Bombora - Eau de Toilette

2nd shave with Bombora (first with the matching splash and EdT). Another great summer release from APR. Off the dry soap puck, I get mostly the seaweed and I believe driftwood. Once some warm water hits the soap, all of the citrus just jumps right out. EdT & Splash exhibits the same. Been about an hour since I put on the EdT and I don't seem to be getting much of any citrus and just a hint of the driftwood. Only put on maybe 1 1/2 sprays (1 was enough for Passione) so we will see how the day goes.

Dec. 20, 2018 - Thursday
jPOSI7Rl.jpg

Prep: Shower
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts - Aurora - 24mm Cashmere
Razor: Anodized Aluminum Wolfman WR-1DC on WRH-2 (Black & Purple)
Blade: Polsilver SI
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Passione - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Passione - Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Passione - Eau de Toilette

If you love BaM Soapmakers of Awesometown or BaM Passiflora, this scent is for you. Passionfruit out the wazoo.

Two SOTDs since I didn't post :unsure::unsure:

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (14)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender aftershave splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDT

MxdzMP9l.jpg

Final day of work for 2018 and what a cracking shave! Smooth as silk with the Rockwell 2 plate and a Vidyut platinum blade. Yes, the same one that gave me a shithouse shave on Monday!

I’ll still be posting on my time off since I’m going nowhere but hope everyone has a joyful and safe Christmas and a happy New year for 2019!

Remember, if you drink; never drive....

Pre Holiday SOTD....

txoyXLE.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Ladas....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Debonair....
Soap: AP Reserve Passione....

Now we’re talking....GiddyUp

At last, was waiting to see what you thought. Your description of performance is how I had imagined it would be. The unique threaded post arrangement certainly allows for a compact arrangement which also facilitates the performance of the Sabre. How would you compare the Vector with the Paradigm?
Not a great deal separates the two apart from looks and price. The vector weighs 77 grams and the Paradigm 80 grams. I think for me the Paradigm gives a slightly smoother shave but the Vector feels better in the hand when shaving. They're both very similar in aggression with the Paradigm maybe a tiny bit milder. And then there's the price, $195USD or $308.75AUD delivered for the Vector (@SpeedyPC) and $395USD or $706.56AUD delivered for the Paradigm. Bullgoose only ships Paradigm razors with DHL express with insurance or similar which is about $80USD. That's the clincher, at $400 less i think the Vector wins the day.

Not a great deal separates the two apart from looks and price. The vector weighs 77 grams and the Paradigm 80 grams. I think for me the Paradigm gives a slightly smoother shave but the Vector feels better in the hand when shaving. They're both very similar in aggression with the Paradigm maybe a tiny bit milder. And then there's the price, $195USD or $308.75AUD delivered for the Vector (@SpeedyPC) and $395USD or $706.56AUD delivered for the Paradigm. Bullgoose only ships Paradigm razors with DHL express with insurance or similar which is about $80USD. That's the clincher, at $400 less i think the Vector wins the day.

That's great news! After your glowing praise of the Paradigm I was wondering if the Vector was going to be in the game. :) The price of the Paradigm certainly makes it less accessible. I'll keep drooling over the Vector then until I save up.

That's great news! After your glowing praise of the Paradigm I was wondering if the Vector was going to be in the game. :) The price of the Paradigm certainly makes it less accessible. I'll keep drooling over the Vector then until I save up.

They are both great razors of approx the same aggression but the Vector for me has the head in front because it displays a small amount of blade feel. The Paradigm has none.

NvWrcfX.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: GameChanger 0.84
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Nice first shave with the more aggressive 0.84 GameChanger base plate and some stellar Mikes lather.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild plate
Blade: Feather
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend

Last edited:
Can you comment on the aggression level of the Vector with the Feather Pro Super blade?

Thank you for you question. When I first received the razor I tried the Proline P and also the Feather Pro. I found that even though I was getting a good shave from both of them, they seemed to be on the mild side. Decided to try the Feather Super Pro to compare against the others. Wow! Even though the first shave with the blade felt a tad aggressive at first, once it dialed in, I was surprised I was able to get by with a 2 pass shave with very little touch-up and no irritation. I've since had several other shaves with the same blade and it's mellowed out but I'm still getting some of the best shaves I've ever had. In my opinion, this is the perfect blade for the Vector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.