Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got a Rockwell 6C in your den? otherwise, swop the Muhle handle over for the 6C handle, trust me the whole shave feels like MAGIC by allowing the whole weight of the razor doing the work.
Thanks for the advice @SpeedyPC. I don't have a 6c, but I have tried it with an iKon OSS handle and find the extra weight (anf less pressure) helps
It's still a beast though. :nailbiting:

juvNrKR.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Maggards "Granite" 26mm Plisson
Soap: Gentleman's Nod - Ernest No. 85

This is in GN's new Aspen base (vegan). It's got a kind of sticky/tacky feeling in the lather, sort of similar to Southern Witchcraft's vegan base, but not as good. Soap is thirsty, but doesn't have a ton of tolerance. If you add too much water, it breaks. It's a little harder to dial in properly because the tacky-ness makes it feel as though the lather is dry (when it probably isn't). Post shave is good, certainly feels 'slicker' once it's washed off. Makes me think I didn't hydrate it properly the first time. Scent strength is on the low end of medium and the scent profile is nice and uncomplicated. It smells like green mango and citrus with a hum of earthiness in the background (I'm guessing that's the tobacco flower).

Thanks for the advice @SpeedyPC. I don't have a 6c, but I have tried it with an iKon OSS handle and find the extra weight (anf less pressure) helps
It's still a beast though. :nailbiting:
I used to pair my R41 with a 179g Maggard MR8 handle. In retrospect, it was too much, but it did stop me putting too much pressure behind my blade. Your iKon handle, or any bulldog would be a good choice.

[QUOTE="SpeedyPC, post: 175639, member: 1483

... NO MORE SHAVING SOAPS!!!![/QUOTE]
No matter how many GIFS you post, nobody's going to believe you. You already have more than your grandchildren can use in their lifetimes, so what's a few more? I have a Mrs Gargravarr to instill a sense of perspective and restraint, whereas you have the advantage of an entire Paste&Cut community to enable your most wanton desires... :LOL:

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette L1 'Slim' (6)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (7)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

Sorry no pic today - but it seems we already have LOTS of pics in the thread already ...

You already have more than your grandchildren
I’m not bloody married, I don’t have any kids of my own or grandchildren. I’ve got three cousins and one brother, who loves wet shaving.

I’m the only person in my family and P&C who has the MOST shaving soaps in my bloody den.

I DON’T NEED ANY MORE SHAVING SOAPS!!!

I’m not bloody married, I don’t have any kids of my own or grandchildren. I’ve got three cousins and one brother, who loves wet shaving.

I’m the only person in my family and P&C who has the MOST shaving soaps in my bloody den.

I DON’T NEED ANY MORE SHAVING SOAPS!!!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.