Not open for further replies.
So I thought my room wasn't too back for an affordable London hotel -

9G1COOpm.jpg
jl5GyW3m.jpg
xSIrBxBm.jpg

... then I noticed these in the wardrobe -

X2NTZfZl.jpg

EEK!

Sitting here tonight about to hit the hay I think I know why they are there. Good thing my wife, a light sleeper, isn't with me!

ATT Bamboo + CR baseplate
Simpsons M6
E.J Menthol cream

Thought i'd finish this cream by the end of the week, but it is hanging on. Crappy shave this morning. I was in a rush and the lather was rubbish, the blade was past its best. Oh well, there's always tomorrow to redeem myself to round off the week.​

Date:- 27 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Asian Pear
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Pre: Nada, lazy SOB I am lol.
Razor: eBay wooden CB timber handle EJ clone
Blade: Personna / Israeli red - forgot how much I liked these, been a while since I used them.
Brush: My own pure badger
Soap: C&E West Indian Lime

1G6x0rn.jpg

Pre: Nada, lazy SOB I am lol.
Razor: eBay wooden CB timber handle EJ clone
Blade: Personna / Israeli red - forgot how much I liked these, been a while since I used them.
Brush: My own pure badger
Soap: C&E West Indian Lime

1G6x0rn.jpg
It's this the new formula of West Indian Lime or the old formula??

It's this the new formula of West Indian Lime or the old formula??

No idea, how do I tell the difference? It's the only one I've ever had of theirs, I like it but I'll admit I bought it because of the wood bowl/dish.

How does the clone go?

Good actually, it's what started me into wet shaving. Nothing special about it, nothing bad either lol. About a 3-3.5 out of 10, closed bar basic DE razor that does the job, slightly more mild than say a closed safety bar Yaqi head. But I do like it lol, actually if I'm honest I've not had many razor's I didn't like. Some I prefer sure but I like the differences between them too, same thing with brushes. Variety is the spice of life!

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Mild Plate
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

No idea, how do I tell the difference? It's the only one I've ever had of theirs, I like it but I'll admit I bought it because of the wood bowl/dish.
As far as I know. Crabtree & Evelyn new soap formula is causing a lot problems not being able to create a good quality lather, they went back to the old formula and it’s far better than the new formula so they stopped making soaps with the new formula issue and went back to the old formula.

As far as I know. Crabtree & Evelyn new soap formula is causing a lot problems not being able to create a good quality lather, they went back to the old formula and it’s far better than the new formula so they stopped making soaps with the new formula issue and went back to the old formula.

ok, no idea.
I enjoyed the lather and was easy as to face lather, only thing I could say is for me I barely notice the scent of it. other than that I like it, not earth shattering lol but it's all good.

ui4yoOL.jpg

Yesterday’s SOTD

Pre: Shower, S V 70th Anniversary Bloom Water
Brush: The Stray Whisker 28mm Synth
Soap: S V 70th Anniversary
Razor: Muhle R41 Twist
Blade: Polsilver SI (5)

Sticking with the Polsilver but parked the "Jaws" and brought out the R41. 3 passer early yesterday morning leaving some minor irritation to the lower neck which didn't last long once the balm was applied, gone before I left for the grind (work and coffee:)) I’ll take that!

Have a great run into the weekend!

jF4r7jOl.jpg

First shave with the TF brush and it was really good. Since my Dapper Doc tub has maybe enough for one more shave, I put it aside and used something I could get more soap from. I loaded hard and got to face lathering. It has a really good mix between softness and scrub. The tips gelled together nicely and the handle was super comfortable to hold. I see this brush getting plenty of action.

The soap performed well but I haven’t dialled it in properly just yet. Need to use it regularly to find its groove.

Plate 4 of the Rockwell gives a decent shave but not like the Karve D or WR2 does.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.