Status
Not open for further replies.
JhDUBK7l.jpg

Soap: Pb Back Beet V1 (finished)
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (7,5,6)
Blade: Derby Extra (2)
AS: Barrister's Reserve - Spice
Not a fan the Derby blade. Ended up with a good shave but I just don't find Derby's comfortable. Was looking to see if milder was the secret. Setting 5 on the Fatboy was more comfortable but needed to go to 6 to get decent efficiency. I think the next appropriate setting for the Derby is the sharps container.

Not a fan the Derby blade. Ended up with a good shave but I just don't find Derby's comfortable. Was looking to see if milder was the secret. Setting 5 on the Fatboy was more comfortable but needed to go to 6 to get decent efficiency. I think the next appropriate setting for the Derby is the sharps container.
Have you tried a Derby Usta? I found it to be a far nicer shave than the extra :)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
I can use a variety of blades and still get a smooth comfortable shave with the Timeless. Guessing this is due to the head geometry clamping the blade rigidly. What are your thoughts Timeless razor owners.

B4wf6VA.jpg

SOTD Sunday 15/3/2020

Pre: Hot Shower, MWF Bloom Water
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3
Soap: MITCHELL'S WOOL FAT
Razor: Rockwell 6S R6
Blade: POLSILVER Super Iridium (1)

In readiness for the uncertainty that may lie ahead I panic bought two refill pucks (as far as I know no limits in place yet!) of the "FAT" last week hence the full dish.
I have not used the 6S nearly enough since I purchased it over a year ago, combined with the Polsilver blade it gave a very satisfying irritation free 2 pass shave with pick ups.

Have the best week you can, try to hold your nerve and take care of yourselves and each other!

I can use a variety of blades and still get a smooth comfortable shave with the Timeless. Guessing this is due to the head geometry clamping the blade rigidly. What are your thoughts Timeless razor owners.

@Nico I have to agree with you mate! We share the same configuration Stainless Steel 0. 68 Scalloped SB and it is the smoothest efficient razor in my den. The geometry clamps the head at such a tight curve that it has been known to snap a blade in half as @revhed recently discover with my 6T8 on loan.

Looking at this thread on Badger&Blade there are a few other razors in the running for smoothest efficient razor: Razorock Mamba, Paradigm 17-4, Wolfman and Game Changer

I note the the Baby Smooth doesn't get a vote however having tested the Aluminium version can only assume the SS version would give Timeless a run for it's money.
Mamba is only AUD $130. Tempted to give that a try before spending $500+ on top end razors.
Anyone have a Paradigm 17-4 they are willing to sell for under $200 PM me :) Seriously you have too many razors in the den and never going to use the Paradigm ever again because of the Wolfman, might as well sell it ;)

mN004cp.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower/Bloom Water
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar Brush
Soap: Col. Conk - Bay Rum
Razor: Karve SB - "E"
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Aftershave: Ogallala - Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns
12 days and 3 blades with the Karve and have noticed a few idiosyncrasies.
Not as smooth as the Timeless, Game Changer or 39C. This may be due to Mileage and the plate choice SB - E plate.
The razor does have a sweet spot (angle) riding the cap (35 -45) and therefore a bad angle as well. The closer to perpendicular (90) the more aggressive and without extra efficiency for the aggro. Meaning I have to adjust for the contours of the jawline and neck or suffer minor burn. No discernible difference between 1st pass and 2nd pass. 1st pass is nearly BBS and 2nd pass XTG does not clean up. Blades are not lasting as long as other razors and rough after 2-3 shaves. The extra blade tab exposure is annoying because I have caught the corner of nostrils a few times and every time I put the razor down on its end the blade tab scrapes like teacher's nails over a chalkboard. May be my fault for going with E plate and still a few more blades to try before OC - D plate. YMMV because I didn't get on with the popular R6S either.

What a sublime shave!!!
How goes it @StratMan ?
The 1.25 going OK, or is the next going to be a 1.35?
Nice looking razor, nice looking brush too (I'm not into AS, or Proraso much though I have recently used the Proraso Blue).
Hope you are 'happy as'. Time to get that 1.35/1.55 before the 2021 Sabbatical!

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
The Charcoal Goods Level-2 razor continues to impress. A absolutely fanbloodytastic shave with this kit.

ubYwBPH.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB WRH7 SS
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mike's Lime

Had a wonderful late summer shave amidst all the coronacalypse

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Pre-shave: Hot Water / Charcoal Face Soap
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Premium Brush
Soap/Cream: Barrister's Reserve Classic
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium Classic
Blade: English Wilkinson Sword Super Sword Edge
Post-shave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel / APR Festivus

Finally got my paws on some English Wilkies thanks to @Bucephalus (absolute champion he is!)
Glad they weren't my first shave as I would have no experience or point of reference for performance, but this was my best shave ever in all of my 12 years of shaving.

And yes, I know the brush is looking a little poorly, it's going soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.