Tabac Shaving Soap Tallow Formula & Aftershave

IMG-20211221-201845-2.jpg

Brush: DS Cosmetics Bikki 26/60mm badger/boar P&C Charity Auction 2021
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo 0.50mm Mild Plate + RR Halo Handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (6)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Enjoying the shaves using the Apollo as the shaves have been great but this mornings shave was a tad harsh so time to try a new/different blade...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving - Jade 23mm Pure Badger
Soap:- RazoRock - Irish Countryside
Razor:- RazoRock - Hawk SB Standard with Giesen Forsthoff SS Handle
Blade:- Chinese No-name
Aftershave:- RazoRock - Irish Countryside

EodyG5j.jpg

First shave with Hawk SB Standard and Chinese No-name (Thanks to @Gargravarr and @tullfan ). Once I got over the initial gripes (1) Not as efficient as OC (2) Why bother if have a Vector.
The shave was really efficient and enjoyable with minimal regrowth. I can see why many head shavers have a preference for AC type razors. The mileage is so much better.
Overall a very enjoyable 2 x WTG = DFS+. May be more efficient than Vector but in a different league due to the Vector's slimline design.
I would rate the Hawk Standard very close to GC-84P and Lupo in overall shave comfort and quality and maybe a tad more efficient due to AC blade rigidity and width.

EodyG5j.jpg

First shave with Hawk SB Standard and Chinese No-name (Thanks to @Gargravarr and @tullfan ). Once I got over the initial gripes (1) Not as efficient as OC (2) Why bother if have a Vector.
The shave was really efficient and enjoyable with minimal regrowth. I can see why many head shavers have a preference for AC type razors. The mileage is so much better.
Overall a very enjoyable 2 x WTG = DFS+. May be more efficient than Vector but in a different league due to the Vector's slimline design.
I would rate the Hawk Standard very close to GC-84P and Lupo in overall shave comfort and quality and maybe a tad more efficient due to AC blade rigidity and width.
A very good first summary and agree that the Standard provides a pleasant shave similar to the GC .84P with a step up in efficiency due to the AC blade. (y)

EodyG5j.jpg

Wait till you try it with the Super. :woot::woot:

Pre: Shower, Greek olive oil soap (Παπουτσανης)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Semogue 1305 Boar
Razor: Above the Tie H2 (Open Comb)
Blade: Astra Super Platinum
Fragrance: Diptyque Vetyverio

Have a great day everyone.

FqYKQU5.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Monarch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Schick Krona
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (3)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Monarch splash
Fragrance: N/A

Same again before we head out today, enjoyable ...

aOdIpvTl.jpg

Ix4hPCxl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Razor: Parker 99R Butterfly
Blade: Treet Falcon
Brush: YAQI Marpat with Badger knot
Soap: P&B Spitfire

Post-shave: P&B Spitfire Post Shave Gel

I think I've mentioned on here that I collect WWII items, like Helmets, Uniforms and Hats so when I saw a soap called Spitfire, I had to have it. I'll admit that this scent is not for everyone and even the missus hates it but it is probably my all time favourite. I think I'd be devastated if I could no longer buy it anymore. I've already finished a tub and have another in ready to go after I finish this one.

Hi @Nanook if you haven't already check out Squadron soaps for WWII product like Group Captains Blend, Dutch Resistance, Ace, Red Lead and The Warden.
Shop is closed for the Holidays but product available elsewhere.

I think I've mentioned on here that I collect WWII items, like Helmets, Uniforms and Hats so when I saw a soap called Spitfire, I had to have it.

Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse Hair
Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Razor:- Princeton Razor Co. - Damascus Hollow Ground
Aftershave:- Ariana & Evans - Kaizen

rA0jTFn.jpg

Finished the Princeton on a little Thuringian today. Got a nice sharp and smooth edge for 2 x WTG = DFS.
One thing I love about straight shaving is consistency of the shave. There are no hard to get spots that require buffing or extra touch up.
After 2 x WTG everywhere is consistently shaven from top of lip, to side burns, and jawline, all at the same level of stubble removal 🪒(y)

N8veghL.png

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Ach.Brito Glyce Lima
Brush: Oumo Hobbit synthetic boar
Soap: Razor Master Toivo
Razor: RazoRock Aluminium with WindRose SS Darwin styled handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Black (2)
Post-shave: Alum block, RazoRock Problem Solver, L'OREAL Men Expert, Adidas Victory League
Other: Pinaud Eau De Quinine hair tonic
y4msVHxVz4sR-pLmeM6PRm7dF7TMigVOjp25Jsd9loc_6PlaO7seZFviDY0SzMO9Kux17GBi_luAwlEmI48H9QtFYXgyUzPx_2o8b3eHvHYfhCHdnIJk1HbXcAkYnxC4evCrnBLYLUCEWtyzsRoe61xYvdQpo3Uxx1nd5B758VQJUI8I3JVrrKoMycT-YzeNzf8

Status
Not open for further replies.