Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
p30t7by.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Plisson
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Razor: Blue Wonder 5/8 (Touchup: Aluminium Lupo/Israeli Red)
Post-shave: Alum block, Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum, Armaf ‘Club de Nuit’
I've got back into my straights lately, as I had Dion Curnow (@Substance) hone my two Blue Wonders and my Le Grelot.
Also purchased a roo/cotton strop from Dion which is very nice. Second shave with this BW and I liked it much better than the first,
after giving it a hundred laps on the roo strop. My technique is coming back together again, and I managed to cover most of my face albeit
slow going on the chin/lips/nose areas. The Lupo doesn't have to do much, but I can tell it is a terrific little razor, and despite selling my Yaqi synthetics a few months back I'm really enjoying the RR Plisson. All in all a very satisfying shave.

Last edited:
KEY9iK4.jpg

Prep: Shower / Bloom Water
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Zenith Horse Hair
Razor: RazorRock "JAWS"
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)

A very watchful 3 pass shave with this blade on its first journey.
Very nearly perfect preparation for a long overdue 300g Black Angus Sirloin (Medium). And maybe an appropriate liquid accompaniment.
Enjoy the rest of the week all.

KEY9iK4.jpg

Prep: Shower / Bloom Water
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Zenith Horse Hair
Razor: RazorRock "JAWS"
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)

A very watchful 3 pass shave with this blade on its first journey.
Very nearly perfect preparation for a long overdue 300g Black Angus Sirloin (Medium). And maybe an appropriate liquid accompaniment.
Enjoy the rest of the week all.

You are missing one word in your post, 'Rare'.

300g Black Angus Sirloin (Medium Rare)

7yL0xtL.jpg

2019 P&C Charity Auction - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2019 P&C Charity Auction - Australian Private Reserve and Noble Otter TEXAUS
Blue Devil Doral (Native Olive) handle with 26mm G5C knot from AP Shave Co
Blackland Sabre L2 with Gem Stainless Steel blades from @Gargravarr

The Sabre is more forgiving than MMOC or Gem Junior and allows the user to experiment with efficiency by varying angles between cap and bar
I found the Sabre to be almost bullet proof smooth and efficient and on the 2nd shave was confident enough to add extra pressure (more than necessary) while riding the cap
While the Sabre is more forgiving and allows for steep or shallow angles it also makes it slightly less intuitive (a little harder to find the sweet spot) whereas the vintage Gem razors demand you strictly ride the cap in a "natural angle"
From my limited experience with Gem style razors as long as you literally ride the cap with flat top of the cap against skin you cannot go wrong and the end result is a very smooth and efficient shave.
Well worth the experience.

IAfj3GN.png

Last edited:
BlackBird SS
Nacet
TroyCraft 'Purple Haze' 24mm Lanksy HD
MWF
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel

I cracked the FAT.... or did I crack a FAT :p

Loaded the refill puck for 20-30 seconds and build an amazingly slick lather with plenty of cushion. Def something wrong with the puck I got with the bowl, but so glad I got the refill as I would of gave up on this soap and labeled it as garbage.. Superb post shave feel and the nacet another great blade in the BB..

10/10 shave, couldnt be happier

52388218164_e122e9de92_h.jpg

SOTD – TUE 27 SEP 2022

Late evening shave, not enough time in the morning for a shave before a very early appointment. Used my current “Kill soap” TOBS Platinum shave cream and the Yaqi Raster SE. Overall a wonderful smooth, clean and close DFS.

SOTD-20220927-setup.png

THE GEAR:

+ Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave cream
+ Brush: Forgotten Art “Magma” with 26mm Synthetic 2Band [A]
+ Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Platinum Shave cream
+ Bowl: Dscosmetic ABS
+ Razor: Yaqi Raster SE with Yaqi MIDAS AL 94mm Handle
+ Blade: Feather ProGuard AC (1)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & TeaTree oil
+ Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
+ After Shave: Lucky Tiger AS Tonic
+ Moisturiser: Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser for Men [A]
[A] = Australian Made

BlackBird SS
Nacet
TroyCraft 'Purple Haze' 24mm Lanksy HD
MWF
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel

I cracked the FAT.... or did I crack a FAT :p

Loaded the refill puck for 20-30 seconds and build an amazingly slick lather with plenty of cushion. Def something wrong with the puck I got with the bowl, but so glad I got the refill as I would of gave up on this soap and labeled it as garbage.. Superb post shave feel and the nacet another great blade in the BB..

10/10 shave, couldnt be happier

52388218164_e122e9de92_h.jpg
giphy.gif

Went to have a shave in the hotel with my travel kit, opened it up, no brush.

I could see it sitting in the backroom at home drying from the last trip

:facepalm:

I'd also swapped out my cream for a stick to give some variety, so wet my face, applied the stick, rubbed to create a 'lather' with my fingers and did my first pass.

Rinsed and repeated.

Not a great result, but it worked OK with a DFS at least from the old Sensor Excel twin blade.

Either that or the lubricating strip saved the day 😜

'Lather' shot from second pass below -

lRt2NBkl.jpg

Went to have a shave in the hotel with my travel kit, opened it up, no brush.

I could see it sitting in the backroom at home drying from the last trip

:facepalm:

I'd also swapped out my cream for a stick to give some variety, so wet my face, applied the stick, rubbed to create a 'lather' with my fingers and did my first pass.

Rinsed and repeated.

Not a great result, but it worked OK with a DFS at least from the old Sensor Excel twin blade.

Either that or the lubricating strip saved the day 😜

'Lather' shot from second pass below -

lRt2NBkl.jpg
I recall having to do something similar at a mining camp a few years back - Cella saved the day.

Not safe for work.

It’s a reddit thing. You tag your post NSFW if the content would be inappropriate to open in front of your boss (or young kids). Then people can set an option in their profile to automatically hide NSFW posts. It’s quite useful on a site as varied as that.

Not safe for work.

It’s a reddit thing. You tag your post NSFW if the content would be inappropriate to open in front of your boss (or young kids). Then people can set an option in their profile to automatically hide NSFW posts. It’s quite useful on a site as varied as that.

You mean like @SpeedyPC’s gifs that I hide behind spoilers?

🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.