Review Shaver Heaven "Desperado".

Dale.Whiley

2017 Sabbatical
Townsville - postcode is one digit off heaven
Thanks to @stillshunter for "forcing me" to break my wife imposed purchase sabbatical. Offered me a deal far to good to refuse, and I didn't. A second shout out to Anthony at www.shaverheaven.com.au for producing this fantastic soap. Scent, glide, retention of moisture; this has it all.

The review
Just finished my shave with the Desperado. What a soap!

The scent
Just add water and there is a very, very deep leather smell. My wife kept saying, "That stinks", but it really was a great scent to me. I like the forest, whiskey, earthy smells. If you could put sweat, blood, broken teeth, barbed wire and motor oil in a scent, I'd really like that too.

Load & lather
And what a lather. As I was loading the brush it really looked like a good load with minimum effort and the face lather proved it.

Glide & moisture
Great lather, great slickness and the lather just lasted. Close, smooth, nice glide

The proof is in the pudding
Great shave with the straight. So good in fact I'll repeat that. Great shave with the straight. No nicks and my face feels great. Topped off with a little DIY Bay Rum and my face is feeling refreshed.

In summary
Though I loved the scent it is not the classic shave soap smell. Some will love it, most will go, "No thanks". But this soap, scent aside for the moment, IMO is right up there with P160. Still have some Tipo Morbido in the drawer and these two soaps deserve a comparison test IMO. Remember blokes. Anthony is a local artisan making quality products the equal and better of "the big name imports".

Thanks again @stillshunter . Love this soap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review from a top bloke. Always a pleasure @Dale.Whiley . @Anthony will be proud, and should be - as I agree his soaps have a rightful place on the international stage.

I'll put myself in the camp that liked this scent. But agree it's strong and confident and not for everyone...this is genuine tanned or tanning leather.

Top words for a top performing soap. I think that the Desperado scent wouldn't be to my liking, but it sounds perfect for you. [emoji106] Thanks for the review.

Thanks to @stillshunter for "forcing me" to break my wife imposed purchase sabbatical. Offered me a deal far to good to refuse, and I didn't. A second shout out to Anthony at www.shaverheaven.com.au for producing this fantastic soap. Scent, glide, retention of moisture; this has it all.

The review
Just finished my shave with the Desperado. What a soap!

The scent
Just add water and there is a very, very deep leather smell. My wife kept saying, "That stinks", but it really was a great scent to me. I like the forest, whiskey, earthy smells. If you could put sweat, blood, broken teeth, barbed wire and motor oil in a scent, I'd really like that too.

Load & lather
And what a lather. As I was loading the brush it really looked like a good load with minimum effort and the face lather proved it.

Glide & moisture
Great lather, great slickness and the lather just lasted. Close, smooth, nice glide

The proof is in the pudding
Great shave with the straight. So good in fact I'll repeat that. Great shave with the straight. No nicks and my face feels great. Topped off with a little DIY Bay Rum and my face is feeling refreshed.

In summary
Though I loved the scent it is not the classic shave soap smell. Some will love it, most will go, "No thanks". But this soap, scent aside for the moment, IMO is right up there with P160. Still have some Tipo Morbido in the drawer and these two soaps deserve a comparison test IMO. Remember blokes. Anthony is a local artisan making quality products the equal and better of "the big name imports".

Thanks again @stillshunter . Love this soap.
More of the same tonight. Shaver Heaven's Desperado is truly a top performing soap. The straight just loves the glide from this soap. For many years I did leatherwork and lived near a tannery. The smell of leather is fantastic. The smell is reminiscent of sitting on a quality leather lounge. OK, the scent will not appeal to all but Anthony makes fantastic soaps. I'm tellin' ya blokes; get onto Anthony's website (http://shaverheaven.com.au/) and email him. He has nailed the lather, slickness and moisture in lather retention, and has a range of soaps for every nose. You will not regret using his soaps. Most importantly; he is an Australian based artisan.