Shaver Heaven: "Silky Smooth" Line

Anthony

Trusted Vendor
Menth Dealer
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce a new "line" to our current selection of soaps. Our newest member, which will be part of our new range called "Silky Smooth", is "Summer Breeze".

Along with new packaging (yes, this packaging will be rolling across our entire range) we will be introducing fantastic new scents!

Why the strange "line" name you may ask?

Well, this is a first (as far as I know) shave soap to actually contain Tussah Silk fibers which have been incorporated into the soap.

What does all that mean? Well I won't bore you with the technical detail, but in terms of face feel, both during and after the shave, it will speak for itself!

I've only made a small quantity of "Summer Breeze", and it will be available from midday tomorrow (22nd July) until sold out. It will only be made available through our online store.

As always, I'd like to thank you all for your support :)

Thanks @Monsta_AU
A lot of time was spent researching and also developing the new packaging (which is also made right here in Australia!).
We've also included "Casca" seals inside the soap to lock in the "Freshness" as well as boosted the scent profile. The new look will slowly roll out across the entire range we currently have.

We've also changed the way we package the soap to ensure its "freshness" is preserved, which in turn allows for a better scent profile.

Thanks for the support! Truly appreciate it :)

Yippee! Can you set your clock 5 mins early @Anthony for us at P&C? :whistle:

@filobiblic Hahaha... I just remembered I have an appointment at 11:10AM tomorrow, so I may be a bit late! ;-)
Either way, this is just the first of many scents we have planned :)

For those of you curious about the scent it's a very "Fresh/Aquatic/Fruit" scent, comprising of: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Melon, Cucumber, Fern, Oakmoss and Freesia (just to name a few).

Sounds very interesting.

A quick google came up with this:

"Tussah silk, which is actually a protein produced by the silkworm, will quickly dissolve into your lye water and the now "silk infused" lye solution is added, as usual, to your batch.

The addition of silk will cause your homemade soap to have a more shiny appearance, slightly increased lather, be more slippery, and have a general luxurious "silky" feeling to it. You will definitely notice the unique qualities added to your finished product from including silk in your recipe."

I particularly like the "be more slippery" bit :)

Not sure about being the first or only one to do it. From Barrister and Mann's Tallow Soap Ingredients list:

Silk Protein: We dissolve raw tussah silk into the soap, which provides additional glide similar to that of the kaolin and bentonite clays used by many other manufacturers, but without the potential allergen issues and dryness that may come with those clays. Our silk is certified cruelty-free.

http://www.barristerandmann.com/pages/tallow-shaving-soap-ingredients

Cold River and Mystic Water both also list it on their websites as an ingredient.

Looking forward to trying your new formulation :)

Sorry @Anthony - haven't had the time to try your soap - been a bit hectic :(

Is the Vetiver still the only one from 100% EO, or do you have others as well?

Lol no bubble gum. Aiming for something special [emoji6] may be a limited run purely because of the cost of the oils involved. But I'll keep you guys posted.
Please do mate. Please do!
Any hints on the flavour?

Hmm, I am going cold upon the aqua scent.
Is at the point of saturation for me.