Shipito?

I have used it and many others on here have, I heard about it here. Easy process. Goods get shipped their usually with free postage if you go over certain $$ amount at various stores that offer free shipping over a certain amount. I have had Vintage Blades, Italian Barber, Shave Revolution and Margards all certain packages to shipitto. I have usually had 2-3 parcels consolidated into one and shipped here. Gives you plenty of options at different price levels. Can't fault their service at all.

Have been a Shipito customer for 4 years now. Started off using them because Amazon wouldn't ship certain products to Australia. Now 33 parcels sent and received.

There are a couple of traps that you need to be aware about, especially in regards to shipping of aftershaves and weight thresholds. For the most part if you keep the weight to a reasonable size (no more than 2 kgs) and use Airmail Economy then you should have no problem. You are forced to use a courier option once you go over 2 kgs. Some couriers will not accept liquids and aftershaves. Choosing to pay for insurance will result in an additional $2 cost to unpack the items for the purpose taking a digital photo.

There are other companies who provide this service but Shipito have better rates and exceptionally reliable in the 4 years I have been using them.

They have 2 pricing models - Free or $10 per month (used to be $50 per year). Check their website to see what features the paid service gets you. I was on the $50 subscription service when our dollar was strong. Now on the Free plan.

Both will cost you a $1 handling fee. They have a host of ways to make extra fees (e.g. special requests, assisted shopping, etc) - again see the website for details.

Commission? Yes, but there is nothing specific about this on their website. Commonsense tells me that they negotiate very generous rates with their carriers. They pass part of the saving to their customers and keep the rest.

Use it a bit. It's good. Economy Airmail is very economical. Under $5 U.S. for small items.

I'm using their online calculator for a package 6x6x6 inches, 2 lbs, to Sydney, and getting an economy airmail rate around $18 plus the $1.00 fee. Can I ask how big the parcel was for $5 postage?

I'm using their online calculator for a package 6x6x6 inches, 2 lbs, to Sydney, and getting an economy airmail rate around $18 plus the $1.00 fee. Can I ask how big the parcel was for $5 postage?

It goes by weight. Posting a shaving brush or razor will cost about $5. This compares to about $15 if using standard UPS.

Recently I had a GEM razor shipped to Melbourne. It set me back $3.15 ($2.15 postage and $1 handling fee). USPS cost $13.70.

Last edited:
Yep. What he said. Small and light. Like a razor. Order your fishing sinkers and gold nuggets locally.

As a word of warning though, don't use economy airmail if you're in a rush to get your products...

I've been using them for just over a year now and they have not failed me yet.
However, there was a time i ordered some "oils" from overseas for use in my soap. The first time it was fine, filled out the customs dec and package arrived safely.

However, when ordering anything with Alcohol (or flammable) they will force you to use a certain carrier only (I think it was USPS ). Needless to say it cost me more than the item I ordered, so I never used them for anything containing flammables ever again.

That being said, I have always found them to offer cheaper rates than getting AU shipping directly from who I am ordering from in the states.