So what is so special about these blades?

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Was it you I was bidding against for these RM?

I was curious regarding their worth so did a series of creeping bids rather than a snipe. Ended up forgetting to go back and put in a final bid and lost out. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing! :D

See, this is what happens when I haven't got razors to hunt ....

Was it you I was bidding against for these RM?

I was curious regarding their worth so did a series of creeping bids rather than a snipe. Ended up forgetting to go back and put in a final bid and lost out. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing! :D

See, this is what happens when I haven't got razors to hunt ....

Not a bad price for 300 odd blades. From memory I think there were some of those in the vintage blade traveling box. I didn't think they were anything special to use. By the way I've given up hunting Shicks. I think the Shavepocolypse has happened with them.

If ever you want to hatch another cunning plan I'll happily conspire.

Sure :)

These were more expensive than the ones that didn't arrive but still reasonable.

The are obviously from the Northern hemisphere too - struggling to being accustomed to being Down Under!

And the poor newbies that sign up. By the time they're aware of the lie they're hooked and mainlining the stuff.

I remember when I used to save money. You bastards have ruined me. :laugh:

Wet-shavers Anonymous is now in session. We can all un-mortgage our houses if we come together to beat this terrible affliction.

I remember when I used to save money. You bastards have ruined me. :laugh:

Wet-shavers Anonymous is now in session. We can all un-mortgage our houses if we come together to beat this terrible affliction.

But bring a couple of hundred bucks and any gear you're looking to offload...

Not sure I could un-mortgage my house but I could have paid cash for the two recent car purchases I think

They were only little cars ...

Wet shavers anonymous - are these the ones that are supposed to talk me out of buying a cobra next month? Damn that thing looks good!

Wet shavers anonymous - are these the ones that are supposed to talk me out of buying a cobra next month? Damn that thing looks good!

What happens if they have sold out by next month? Should you order two now in case one breaks?

What's a good price for the Schicks Mark?

Uh oh..Eggy's hunting Shicks. No chance if Mark's in the hunt too.

Not really. After all, my initial foray into the vintage world of schicks was not that inspiring. Next blade up will be a Schick, and I will see if it works out much better than the last which, for me, lasted a long time, but was not particularly smooth or sharp.

But I did find a deal somewhere online which may have been missed by His Royal Gilletteness so thought I would pipe up.