Spanish Floid

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Had this for a week or more now, and really like it. I've been meaning to try one of the Floids, the Italian versions are different I'm told, but seem to bounce in and out of stock. Plus, you can only get them from the Euro vendors, due to the anal postal services in the US, and they come in 400ml. So not a cheap tryout.

FloidSpa.jpg

I got the Spanish from the sometimes reliable Bruno at Vintage Scent. 150ml delivered for about $22 (eventually). How hard is that? He's not the best packer, in keeping with his postage costs. This was in its box, in a thin padded bag, with some packing peanuts stuffed down the side of the neck of the bottle. The box barely made the trip, it was battered to buggery.

I really wanted to try this because it's a menthol AS. I love Proraso and wouldn't be without it, it's cooling and really soothes and makes my skin feel excellent. Proraso has no scent, so it's great to use if you're adding a cologne.

This stuff works just as well IMO. The menthol is more muted than the Proraso and the alcohol content lower. I'm guesing on that, simply because there's very little sting in comparison.

I like the scent too. This one lingers for a good while. Right out of the bottle it might raise eyebrows; it smells like hard boiled lollies. Cough candy twists to be specific, for those who lived through the sugary 70s.

But it settles down to a warm and powdery scent. I can't place it descriptively, but importantly, I like it. It's a male scent, the reviews I've read say it gets labelled suitable for the old man, but to me, it falls into that generic barber shop-style smell. None of which is helpful to anyone who might want to try it. Sorry. It's not a cologne, so it won't last forever, but nice while it does.

My only gripe is the pourer. Way too big, and it always spills down the side, no matter how careful you are. C'mon. How hard is it to make it smaller, or put a plastic dropper in there. Really?

Last edited:
Can you fit an atomiser to the neck?

I guess I can necro my own thread...:cool:

I recently ran out of and restocked my Speick AS, and transferred the Floid into the used one. The Speick stickers peeled off easy, so I've a nice nude bottle to use. It pours really well and I don't waste anymore. Shame, the Floid bottle is kind of cool, but the pourer is an absolute dud.

Next time I gt some Proraso I'll save that bottle too - that's one of the best pourers I've had.

Semi-necro:

For those that wish to deal with someone who can pack securely, shaving.ie now has two versions of Spanish Floid available.

Floid Suave Aftershave Splash

Floid Vigoroso Aftershave Splash

As always, the prices are a little more expensive, but if you can add extra products then the postage cost is amortised heavily.

Drubs has the Suave version I believe. The Vigoroso tends to indicate more menthol to me.

I do, but will try the vig next time. Good to see someone has both. Probably a result of Italian Floid going the way of P160...

Indeed. The Italian Floid can still be found for now if you look hard enough however, but it's pretty much over for it unless they decide to make 'one more batch'. I'm not going to bother about it. The Vigoroso is the Spanish equivalent to the Blue Floid, whereas the Suave is the the Spanish version of the original Yellow Floid.

I still have a heap of P160 and doubt that I will get though it anytime soon. Barely made a dent in the 120-grams of Morbido and the Duro is virtually untouched. Will probably offload a 120-ish gram block of each in the near future. I will still have 200-odd grams of each!

I'm not going to bother scrambling for an Italian Floid; too big, too pricey too post, too much of a punt. Besides, all the 'gents' on B&B were too busy climbing over each other to hoard what there was left.

Indeed. The Italian Floid can still be found for now if you look hard enough however, but it's pretty much over for it unless they decide to make 'one more batch'. I'm not going to bother about it. The Vigoroso is the Spanish equivalent to the Blue Floid, whereas the Suave is the the Spanish version of the original Yellow Floid.

I think its only the Italian Blue that has went the way of dodo:sad2:(though my 2 bottles should last a while), you can still get the amber easy enough. There was actually a Spanish blue version of floid as well which was discontinued a while ago, same scent as the Italian but no menthol. The only difference I can tell with the other 2 Spanish ones is the amount of menthol. Though they do smell different to the Italian amber.
Dont know what the deal would be with shipping from spain to Australia but there is a lot of Spanish sites that sell it at very good prices (make loosing some from the pourer more bearable)

On the pourer front - my standard operating process is to stick a finger over the hole and meter it out by slightly lifting the finger... only one I do different is Weleda which has such a narrow pourer it's more like a chip shop vinegar bottle to get it out.

400ml bottles of Italian Floid (I see both Blue & Amber for that price) on eBay for €13.50 + what looks like €18 shipping to Oz

Last edited:
That's some expensive shipping right there.

Sadly I think the only way I would be enjoying a bottle of Floid is if someone in Australia imported and sold it.

The price itself is not a problem it's the shipping that kills it.

Sadly I think the only way I would be enjoying a bottle of Floid is if someone in Australia imported and sold it.

The price itself is not a problem it's the shipping that kills it.

The Spanish is far more reasonable cos the bottles are smaller - Vintage Scent, Shaving ie and a couple of other places always have stock and the shipping is very reasonable. I got mine from VS for about $23 delivered.

I'll get the Vigoroso next from shaving ie, also because they sell the floid Balm. Worth a try.

Yeah in the light of day I should have grabbed a bottle when I placed my order last night.

Considering the shipping to "Europe outside Italy" is €13ish - an extra €5 to Oz is reasonable - and it is a 400ml (as in 2.5x the size) bottle...

Me, I think €26 for a bottle is reasonable to get to me (it's £23 + post here) :)

I've been using a sample of Floid for a week or so now. I love the scent and it has legs; it leaves a slightly greasy film on the skin which I really don't like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy! I got to get out of this section... :resurrected!:

Do I need to say it? Really?! (Psst! It's at the Stray Whisker. Yes, even the huge 400mL bottles with atomisers! [emoji16])

It's different to floid from everywhere else?

It's different to floid from everywhere else?

Hard to get as it will not be shipped to Australia by international vendors because of airfreight restrictions (@Gifts&Care.com being a wonderful exception).