The 2018 P&C AP Reserve FESTIVUS Aftershave! (L'eau de Festivus)

Would you like menthol in the splash ?

• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
This is awesome @todras. Thanks so much for bringing this all togther.

The scent sounds awesome.

Anyone want to suggest a Soap to pair with it? I thought there would be heaps of G&T soaps, but I can only really find the Stirling one.

Don't Squadron Soap have a Gin and Tonic soap ? @SchoolForAnts

The aftershave on it's own will work with just about any citrus or summer soap especially anything with a woody, herbacious or even colonia base - there are hundreds out there.

A brief update :artist:

The compounding and maceration of the perfume is now complete, compounding the formula occurred last night well into the wee hours and the perfume then spent 10 hours on the magnetic stirrer blending and maturing. It has now been put into amber flagons to mature for a week or two prior to final bottling. The weather at the moment is perfect for maturation with temperatures sitting between 24 and 28 C throughout the day, this will substantially assist the maturation and further maceration.

Time is obviously an issue for me at the moment so I am bumping the bottling and sends forward by a few days, the final lockout for people wanting bottles is still Thursday morning though and I will post in each of the respective threads confirming the numbers and eligible members - still plenty of time to grab some providing there is some left of course.

Thoughts on the process...

Festivus is a very basic composition by my standards as the approach I took by inviting people to suggest notes they like was (as I initially mentioned kind of silly) as what people say they like in perfumes (especially big commercial branded frags) can often be very complex accords of 50-60 compounds for a single note e.g. the Marine accord in Bombora is in this ballpark. Baring this in mind it was critical that I approached the project judiciously to avoid a dogs breakfast, drawing on many hours of previous research and experimentation in regards to replicating whiskey, rum and gin notes and making them work in the context of a fragrance with bloody menthol to be worn in the heat of the Australian summer. I think it worked and I hope people enjoy it, it's something I will wear.

The labelling and design for the bottles will be different to the usual impeccable standard of AP Reserve. I could have easily thrown $500 USD at my GD for a professional label however this is my Christmas present to you guys (the P&C community) so my wife suggested I produce the labels myself which I have done... suffice to say I will not be shifting careers any time soon, and the labels are not waterproof either... :coffee:

giphy.gif

AP Reserve P&C Festivus SE

Opening Notes include: Juniper, Lime, Grapefruit, Orange & Bergamot
Heart Notes Include: Cardamom, Nutmeg, Carnation, Red Pepper, Aldehydes & Cucumber
Base Notes Include: Cashmere, Patchouli, Mahogany, Coriander, Castoreum & Amber
While you’re making a fantastic AP Reserve P&C Festivus SE, I understand you’ve been very busy about all this how about combing your hair.

2RUFgbw.gif

As I have already mentioned, P&C members from the NT are exempt from the expectation of an in person attendance or indeed a meetup. Expecting people to travel hundreds of kilometres to qualify for a bottle of aftershave would be bloody idiotic and outright inequitable.

Members from the NT simply have to post in their meetup thread and it's a done deal, I will also be sending their aftershaves express post at my own expense.

Sorry mate - I must have missed that (ie not read the thread properly). All good 👍🏾

I joined this forum less than a year ago with no idea what to expect and I am so glad i did. Made new friends, sharing stories, helpful advice and information makes this forum great. Many sincere thanks to you all and a big thank you @todras for such a generous gift to the members of this forum.

Enjoy the weekend gents.
N

I joined this forum less than a year ago with no idea what to expect and I am so glad i did. Made new friends, sharing stories, helpful advice and information makes this forum great. Many sincere thanks to you all and a big thank you @todras for such a generous gift to the members of this forum.

Enjoy the weekend gents.
N
I look forward to seeing your artistic efforts on the label @todras and again I would like to thank you for this generous gift and appreciate the investment of your time and effort in preparing Festivus....😎😎😎

Hey no worries, it's just a small token - the thanks are appreciated and I really hope you gents enjoy the splash!

To save any whinging, can everyone please read this - the bottles of Aftershave will not have an ingredients label so a little common sense is called for:
  • Festivus contains a very moderate quantity of menthol. If you do not like menthol or experience discomfort from aftershaves that contain menthol do not use Festivus.
  • Festivus contains Essential Oils, as with all Essential Oils some of the compounds within the oils are potential allergens. While Festivus is fully IFRA compliant there are some people that may experience discomfort from use.
  • If you are in any way concerned that you may experience discomfort do not use Festivus.
  • If you experience discomfort from using Festivus immediately discontinue using the aftershave.

To save any whinging, can everyone please read this - the bottles of Aftershave will not have an ingredients label so a little common sense is called for:
  • Festivus contains a very moderate quantity of menthol. If you do not like menthol or experience discomfort from aftershaves that contain menthol do not use Festivus.
  • Festivus contains Essential Oils, as with all Essential Oils some of the compounds within the oils are potential allergens. While Festivus is fully IFRA compliant there are some people that may experience discomfort from use.
  • If you are in any way concerned that you may experience discomfort do not use Festivus.
  • If you experience discomfort from using Festivus immediately discontinue using the aftershave.
VYZd6YC.jpg