The best razor in the world

Well one reason I got back into DEs was that as I've aged my facial skin and hair have changed.
Also as we get older our joints do too.
Taking that into account I'd stay away from a straight and would have you ponder an adjustable DE/SE (Rockwell 6S included as an adjustable).
Would also consider a TTO/two piece easier to load a blade in (except Guerrilla). But a three piece gives someone with arthritis/other mobility issues to use a larger width handle.
I'd go the Rockwell 6S ......when you can't shave yourself anymore, you can adjust it so the nurse can shave you without cutting you .... when you are 90 it's a momento from a time when you could do it yourself ....

Should I ever be blessed with a son, I'll leave him several razors as most of my razors have sentimental meaning to me;
Ball end tech-was my Dads
Eclipse red ring-given to me by my pen pal
Fatboy-given to me by a friend and co-worker (may be lost between here and NZ anyway)
Gem 1912 and Dovo Prima Klang- gifts from my mum
But the best shaving razor....
Gillette patat I'd have to say.
That razor too was given to me by my pen pal

Should I ever be blessed with a son, I'll leave him several razors as most of my razors have sentimental meaning to me;
Ball end tech-was my Dads
Eclipse red ring-given to me by my pen pal
Fatboy-given to me by a friend and co-worker (may be lost between here and NZ anyway)
Gem 1912 and Dovo Prima Klang- gifts from my mum
But the best shaving razor....
Gillette patat I'd have to say.
That razor too was given to me by my pen pal

Some pen pal you have there - I'd be writing love letter the rate they are going with razors!

Some pen pal you have there - I'd be writing love letter the rate they are going with razors!
He's collection is only second to yours from my understanding, that said he had 3 red rings :)

So far, I haven't found a razor in my ever-growing collection that I would prefer to my recently acquired Razorock Mission, even though the head is virtually identical (if not totally) to two others I own, especially the Maggard V3. Blades? Either Rapira Platinum Lux or Voskhod Teflon.

I think when this thread has run it's course we should tear out the note and eat it. There should be no written evidence in existence even suggesting that we would ever consider existing on one razor! If our wives were ever to get a hold of this...............

I think when this thread has run it's course we should tear out the note and eat it. There should be no written evidence in existence even suggesting that we would ever consider existing on one razor! If our wives were ever to get a hold of this...............

I famously said I only needed one razor Whirlpool way back when ...

That article/product description hits the nail on the head really.

See I read that and think

a) I am unworthy
b) I would NEVER be able to properly hone or strop it and
c) Somehow I would wreck it - either in attempting to hone, strop or simply use and drop it!