The Last Post

gthomas04

...was Drubbing's first. AKA Captain Tightarse
Well gentlemen all good things must come to an end, and so it is with my posting career on P&C. I joined in August 2011 while I as at home recovering from a hip replacement. At that time membership consisted of the three WA members @Drubbing @Pjotr and @JugV2 as well as @Mark1966 and of course our noble leader @Monsta_AU. Things were so quiet that one of the WA crowd even suggested the board be closed down! Joel however persisted in his folly and look at us know.

However some of the more astute of you may have noticed that I am not a great fan of the way SOTD has developed (this is purely a personal opinion and is not meant to cast opprobrium on any member). Worse still the gentle poking of fun seems to generate an extravagant defense. As one member said in a PM it is beginning to border on wankery :) My view is we have crossed the border some time ago and are galloping across the plains towards the ultimate SOTD picture - a piece of flint tied to a stick with a vine - the cream being some berries crushed on a rock applied to the face with a twig :)

Again gentlemen this is my own personal view - I will ask that my membership be retained so I may watch my prediction come true (and to keep a beady eye out for any really low hanging fruit).

In the meantime I bid you all farewell and may your f's always stop and your shutters shut.

Glen

Well gentlemen all good things must come to an end, and so it is with my posting career on P&C. I joined in August 2011 while I as at home recovering from a hip replacement. At that time membership consisted of the three WA members @Drubbing @Pjotr and @JugV2 as well as @Mark1966 and of course our noble leader @Monsta_AU. Things were so quiet that one of the WA crowd even suggested the board be closed down! Joel however persisted in his folly and look at us know.

However some of the more astute of you may have noticed that I am not a great fan of the way SOTD has developed (this is purely a personal opinion and is not meant to cast opprobrium on any member). Worse still the gentle poking of fun seems to generate an extravagant defense. As one member said in a PM it is beginning to border on wankery :) My view is we have crossed the border some time ago and are galloping across the plains towards the ultimate SOTD picture - a piece of flint tied to a stick with a vine - the cream being some berries crushed on a rock applied to the face with a twig :)

Again gentlemen this is my own personal view - I will ask that my membership be retained so I may watch my prediction come true (and to keep a beady eye out for any really low hanging fruit).

In the meantime I bid you all farewell and may your f's always stop and your shutters shut.

Glen
NOOOOO !!!! A member of folklore/legend who helped make this site. Please reconsider. What lad can mature (not just get older) without his father. Please reconsider. A father isn't always agreeable with what choices his offspring makes as he grows, but he loves him and stays with him guiding and correcting, helping him grow and mature. Please reconsider and continue to post.

Dale

Sad to read this Glen. I've enjoyed the ride with you sitting in the back seat giving often incorrect directions.
Look at how far the site has come since it was just the five of us.
I respect your comments and decision.
I haven't posted on here in a long time either, still shaving, just haven't really felt the urge to post.

Glen I have always enjoyed your posts here and I too hope you reconsider. The site wouldn't be the same without you.

Brendan

I liked your post and will even give you some :):):):):):)

But that is just because I'm a bastard.

The Thomas Method is part of shaving folklore, the wit and wisdom of @gthomas04 irreplaceable. What you and @Drubbing lack in quantity you make up for in quality.

I get that sometimes life moves on and it is really only shaving after all, do what you need to do mate.

There will, however, always be a beer waiting for you in CBR if you are down and a virtual one waiting for you here.

Be well Glen

Like you, I've got other things on - 3 kids, one going to high school next year, a business, aged parent, trying to play some music. I check in and occasionally pounce like a tiger on a sale thread, but SOTD posting just isn't my thing. When little sites get bigger the dynamics change. it's not for everyone. Glad to see things thriving here though.

Glen

Don't be daft Glen. It's only fucking shaving! We need you on the balcony.

389175-last-post.jpg

Well, well... So GT has thrown in the towel... Who would have thought it possible?!

You always did have a flair for the melodramatic and love a good last word.

We will remember you (well...at least until the next soap maker pops up or the latest fad of the day). At least you'll be around in spirit. [emoji4] When we hear the weeping and gnashing of teeth we'll know it's just GT responding to the latest SOTD photo of twig, berries and carved flint.

Keep being the merry fella you strive to be. [emoji4]

Glen, we require your presence to balance things out.
In fact, I strongly suspect your self imposed omission from posting has contributed to the growth of the spawn of satan.
We need good men here to keep evil in check, both external sources and from within ourselves when exhibiting weakness and frailty oft associated with the plight of being human.
Anyhow, you think you can leave now ?
You're in too deep to pull out mate :)

What clarion call summons me to this place of days past?

Oh...it's just Glen blowing his own trumpet! :p

I know the feeling of the urge to post dropping away but make sure you leave your email notifications on in case someone drops you a line :)

I know the feeling of the urge to post dropping away but make sure you leave your email notifications on in case someone drops you a line :)
Hello Syd, how are you mate?

It's almost akin to a reunion with some of the posters here :)
Tis good I tells ya to see such a bunch of ruffians back.

Good God it's TallYetFriendly. What tempted you out of the woodwork?

Be sad to see you go Glen mate. I can say without reservation that some of the funniest posts I have read in my internet history have appeared in the little space right of your fucked up cock...erel avatar. Some classic exchanges with @Drubbing and some incisive observations. I know my arrival heralded the change in tack of the P&C ship, but I hope you don't hold that against me. We might still bump into each other on another forum.....maybe the art of wet toothbrushing or mindful pencil sharpening. Keep well my friend!