The Ultimate Wood shaving Razor and Brush double decker stand

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
I was about to purchase this (https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/552661335/the-ultimate-wood-shaving-razor-and?ref=shop_home_recs_9) from Etsy when I noticed the shipping cost. The razor and brush stand costs $170 but the shipping is $144; it is a nice stand though and it would look great in my bathroom. I wonder if I could make that myself?

il_1588xN.1382036587_37oj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was about to purchase this (https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/552661335/the-ultimate-wood-shaving-razor-and?ref=shop_home_recs_9) from Etsy when I noticed the shipping cost. The razor and brush stand costs $170 but the shipping is $144; it is a nice stand though and it would look great in my bathroom. I wonder if I could make that myself?

Looking at the item and approximate weight and size, a mail forwarding service from the US would charge you around $50 to send the item to Australia.

ETSY shipping costs in last few years have sadly taken on the approach of a predatory pricing policy in line and some instances worse than eBay and the like.

Looking at the item and approximate weight and size, a mail forwarding service from the US would charge you around $50 to send the item to Australia.

ETSY shipping costs in last few years have sadly taken on the approach of a predatory pricing policy in line and some instances worse than eBay and the like.
Thanks for that. I do have a mail forwarding service that I occasionally use but it slipped my mind.

I'd suggest the broom-handle holders sold by Bunnings into which the handle "clicks" IF you get my drift - they're old-fashioned now but perfect as a brush holder!

I'd suggest the broom-handle holders sold by Bunnings into which the handle "clicks" IF you get my drift - they're old-fashioned now but perfect as a brush holder!

You mean like this -

c9ccddeb4a544880821d72fe59622f19

You mean like this -

c9ccddeb4a544880821d72fe59622f19
I'm sure that would work. As would the little round lanthanide magnets you can buy (stick one to the bottom of your brush, if you can bear to). Personally, I'm happy to just stand them the "right" way up on the window-sill in a nice little friendly, furry group, and they dry out just fine. Now cue flamewar about which way up is "right"...

I'm sure that would work. As would the little round lanthanide magnets you can buy (stick one to the bottom of your brush, if you can bear to). Personally, I'm happy to just stand them the "right" way up on the window-sill in a nice little friendly, furry group, and they dry out just fine. Now cue flamewar about which way up is "right"...
I find mine just take a little while to fully dry thats all, its so cold and wet here compared to the rest of aus i honestly expected mould if i wasnt careful

I find mine just take a little while to fully dry thats all, its so cold and wet here compared to the rest of aus i honestly expected mould if i wasnt careful
...but I too am in TAS. Though being halfway up my mountain in the North of the state, I reckon I get about an extra hour of daylight that most Taswegians never see...

Custom Made by Hand Bespoke High tech Universal Shave Brush Holder/Drier System for sale. Bargain at $1000, only 2 left and 1 person has one in their cart already. Don't lowball me, I know what I've got!:p

Dead set though, this is how I dry my brushes, every time.(y)
Hanging in the bathroom window above the sink. Out of the way, and within easy reach still.
Like the quick disconnect? A lot of thought went into that!:)
qgQOSHZ.jpg

Custom Made by Hand Bespoke High tech Universal Shave Brush Holder/Drier System for sale. Bargain at $1000, only 2 left and 1 person has one in their cart already. Don't lowball me, I know what I've got!:p

Dead set though, this is how I dry my brushes, every time.(y)
Hanging in the bathroom window above the sink. Out of the way, and within easy reach still.
Like the quick disconnect? A lot of thought went into that!:)
qgQOSHZ.jpg
And Scots are called "tight"! :)