Things that p*ss you off on Ebay...!!!

You better use another eBay account if you win... He's more than likely to simply put it in a AusPost satchel just to annoy you.

Sellers like this -

To: melliebelly1
Subject: Postage: ourbirdau sent a message about ANTIQUE VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR MADE IN ENGLAND #201394923707
Sent Date: 26-Jul-15 20:37:07 AEST

Dear melliebelly1,

So just making sure I'm understanding this correctly you indicate - 'WOULD CONSIDER POST cost is postage plus $5 packing'.

So given this will be <500g you are talking $8.25 postage plus $5 packing = $13.25 for postage and handling?

Cheers

Mark

--------

To: ourbirdau
Subject: Re: Postage: ourbirdau sent a message about ANTIQUE VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR MADE IN ENGLAND #201394923707
Sent Date: 26-Jul-15 20:39:07 AEST

Dear ourbirdau,

Hi yes cheers andy

- melliebelly1

--------

Subject: Re: Postage: ourbirdau sent a message about ANTIQUE VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR MADE IN ENGLAND #201394923707
Sent Date: 26-Jul-15 20:50:42 AEST

Dear melliebelly1,

OK, The handling charge is a bit rich but I suppose I just subtract it off my max bid.

- ourbirdau

--------

Dear ourbirdau,

What 5 bucks dont worry about bidding tight ass

- melliebelly1

Sorry mate but yes, $5 on top of the postage for this is a rip off in my book....

Wow with that customer service ethos he should open a shaving shop....

Nice, just got another message -

Dear ourbirdau,

YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM BIDDING ON MY EBAY CHEERS

- melliebelly1

So not sure what to do - maybe I use my other account as @filobiblic said and leave negative feedback or just move along.

Seriously - was I that out of line?

Sellers like this -

Subject: Postage: ourbirdau sent a message about ANTIQUE VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR MADE IN ENGLAND #201394923707
Sent Date: 26-Jul-15 20:37:07 AEST

Dear melliebelly1,

So just making sure I'm understanding this correctly you indicate - 'WOULD CONSIDER POST cost is postage plus $5 packing'.

So given this will be <500g you are talking $8.25 postage plus $5 packing = $13.25 for postage and handling?

Cheers

Mark

--------

To: ourbirdau
Sent Date: 26-Jul-15 20:39:07 AEST

Dear ourbirdau,

Hi yes cheers andy

- melliebelly1

--------

Sent Date: 26-Jul-15 20:50:42 AEST

Dear melliebelly1,

OK, The handling charge is a bit rich but I suppose I just subtract it off my max bid.

- ourbirdau

--------

Dear ourbirdau,

What 5 bucks dont worry about bidding tight ass

- melliebelly1

Sorry mate but yes, $5 on top of the postage for this is a rip off in my book....
2nd last pic, 6 tooth in from the bottom left is bent.
Probably a good thing you've passed upon it.
Also, can we all message the seller with similar questions and responses ? ;)

Just don't waste your life on idiots like this! Unfortunately there are many others but unless you can get a mint #16 for 50$ it's never worth the pain ...

2nd last pic, 6 tooth in from the bottom left is bent.
Probably a good thing you've passed upon it.
Also, can we all message the seller with similar questions and responses ? ;)

Yeah - I was after the cap really. Which made me think I might have been too stingy in worrying about $5. But I didn't think I was that OTT.

@Mark1966 , FWIW IMHO you were 100% reasonable about things - clearly the seller is the one with some significant issues and as others had said I'd tend to think it's prolly a good thing you didn't bid as if he's going to be like that about such a reasonable question posed in a very neutral manner whats he going to be like about numerous other things. Multiple warning bells for me.

@Mark1966 , FWIW IMHO you were 100% reasonable about things - clearly the seller is the one with some significant issues and as others had said I'd tend to think it's prolly a good thing you didn't bid as if he's going to be like that about such a reasonable question posed in a very neutral manner whats he going to be like about numerous other things. Multiple warning bells for me.

Yeah thanks mate. You just question yourself sometimes when you make a comment you believe is fairly innocuous and get a blast back like that.

I just sent him a response to his last ALL CAPS message indicating that he has banned me -

OK, sure, whatever.

FYI, in case you want to add to the listing, this is a 'NEW Improved' model from 1920s/early '30s. The bent teeth shown in the fourth and eighth photo mean it is really only user grade and not collectible. Unfortunately being a cast head on these you cannot simply bend those back into shape, they tend to snap. It should be OK as a user grade, it just depends on how much of the blade protrudes at the ends where the teeth are bent. You would need to to have a picture with a blade in to be able to tell.

GLWTS

Mark

Walking away now :)

There's gotta be a part you that would be keen to buy this lot just to leave negative feedback? Surely? I would, but then I'm not a believer. What a tosser (yes I am referring to the seller!)

There's gotta be a part you that would be keen to buy this lot just to leave negative feedback? Surely?

Oh yeah, of course. The 24 hour rule tends to work as well in life (leave something 24 hours before responding if you are mad) as it gives you a lot of perspective.

Oh yeah, of course. The 24 hour rule tends to work as well in life (leave something 24 hours before responding if you are mad) as it gives you a lot of perspective.
Is that related to the other saying about revenge being a dish best served cold?

Is that related to the other saying about revenge being a dish best served cold?

LOL, had forgotten that one. But seriously what is the point. There is too much aggro in the world already. I buy it, leave negative feedback, he is ticked, I've spent more than I wanted on it with the handling charge so I'm ticked, nobody wins.

So I'm (hopefully) reasonable back to him. Maybe he thinks he might of been a jerk and treats the next person better. Maybe he seeths inside, I don't know. As other have said, just walk away ...

LOL, had forgotten that one. But seriously what is the point. There is too much aggro in the world already. I buy it, leave negative feedback, he is ticked, I've spent more than I wanted on it with the handling charge so I'm ticked, nobody wins.

So I'm (hopefully) reasonable back to him. Maybe he thinks he might of been a jerk and treats the next person better. Maybe he seeths inside, I don't know. As other have said, just walk away ...
Pfffft logic and reason.
...though you have a point.

It's a wonder you ever talked yourself into (or didn't talk yourself out of) some of those historic shave purchases. Where was this voice of logic and reason when the Toggles or vintage Simpsons butterscotch or $1000 a tub of B&M were listed? Hmmmm....

The Toggles have appreciated ;)

In other news, which I only noticed because the listing was in my Watch List -

This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken.

How funny ...

Maybe he's following this thread? or someone here asked about the bent tooth
I'd imagine it's the latter THOUGH I'd prefer it were the former as he'd see that the vast majority of Australia's foremost Wet Shaving community believes that he acted like a complete jerk to one of it's most universally well respected members who only asked a very reasonable question in a very reasonable manner. Suffice to say you'd hope to think that would be enough to make him reconsider how he deals with folks.