TOBS Avocado "Sticky"

jbank

Have been using a TOBS Avocado tub this week & am finding the cream a bit sticky & it is clogging up the razor - is this normal? Don't know if Avocado needs more water in the lather or something versus other TOBS cream as haven't found this issue with Sandalwood or Rose?

Haven't tried the other two, but definitely try adding more water, I do, but then I use quite a bit of water with any of my products. Could be the avo oil though, if you're used to using less water. Sticky lather does sound like more water is the go - it'll take more than you might think.

I've tried a few TOBS and I think Avo is one of the best, just play with it a bit.

Thanks Drubbing, will give it some more water tomorrow morning - the razor was getting that clogged I had to loosen off the blade to rinse the cream was sticking to the blade that much - skin feels awesome after shaving am sure I am just not getting the mix right just yet!

Yea, something that sticky suggests plenty of product, but too dry. Let us know how you go.

I'm sort of with PJotrs theory that good products take a lot of water. It just so happens the ones I like do, because that's how I make lather.

I go for a youghurty consistency. I think when starting out, some people try and emulate the thickness and consistency of canned gels and foams. IMO, this makes a lather that is too thick and dry.

Yea, something that sticky suggests plenty of product, but too dry. Let us know how you go.

I'm sort of with PJotrs theory that good products take a lot of water. It just so happens the ones I like do, because that's how I make lather.

I go for a youghurty consistency. I think when starting out, some people try and emulate the thickness and consistency of canned gels and foams. IMO, this makes a lather that is too thick and dry.

Happy to report you were spot on - added touch more water this morning to get it yoghurty & it was perfect, no clog & a good shave :)

It's a hard thing to really get consistent, especially if you rotate your products as much as I do.

Nothing feels better than getting it right though. A bit more water in most cases is what is required.