TOBS Grapefruit Cream

JugV2

Simply boring.
grapefruit_shavebowl_1.jpg

So TOBS have released a grapefruit shaving cream.

Has anyone tried it? It sounds nice...

I've only tried their sandalwood cream (and that only the once).
Not really my cup of tea as it is too hot for it up here. Everyone rise seems to really like their stuff though so I will have to buckle soon and buy one.

I quite liked the avocado one when I tried it, typical TOBS high quality lather with a really fresh scent. It's refreshing, but the smell is more towards cucumber or mowed grass than avocado. Probably decent in the heat, Egg, but the scent might not be up your alley.

Apparently the grapefruit is really citrusy. Seems like another nice one for summer or up north. Lemon and lime sounds good too.

My favorite is St James. Mild fragrance and works very well with a straight razor.
I was thinking about the Grapefruit. Summer here so it might be nice!!

...........Apparently the grapefruit is really citrusy. Seems like another nice one for summer or up north. Lemon and lime sounds good too.

Hold on...I thought everything citrusy, limey, lemony ended up as urinal cake. Just because it's got a posh name, Taylor of Bond Street no less, it's suddenly nice and refreshing rather than downright dirty and only worth pissing on?

ARKO! rules. Long live the ARKO! revolution, brothers!

Hold on...I thought everything citrusy, limey, lemony ended up as urinal cake. Just because it's got a posh name, Taylor of Bond Street no less, it's suddenly nice and refreshing rather than downright dirty and only worth pissing on?

ARKO! rules. Long live the ARKO! revolution, brothers!

Backslider - we of the ALUM! ARKO! revolutionary front led of course by the great and noble GLEN! pour BEER! on your timidity you poor wretched 5 lettered person.

It's like watching the two old blokes in the balcony on the Muppets.

TMS-Statler&Waldorf-BalconyBox.jpg

PJ on the left and gthomas on the right.

Come on, WE'RE ALL THINKING IT!!!

I've got a tub arriving (hopefully) this week.
Along with some
- Taylor of Old Bond Street St. James Shaving Cream (tried it in a sampler MONTHS ago and recall really liking it)
- Taylors Jermyn Street Shaving Cream (gotta keep my stocks up of this favourite)
- Geo F Trumper Rose Shaving Cream (no idea, hopefully it's as good as 'they' say)
- Bluebeards Revenge Shaving Cream (not falling for the "makes your beard grow slower" bs, but supposedly lathers like noone's business)
- Cella Crema Da Barba Shaving Cream/Soap (never tried this much loved bargain)

And a beautiful Muhle R89 Rosegold

Was it from Mens Biz?

I haven't checked the pricing recently but the one thing that stopped me from trying the Blue Beards was the price.

Unfortunately, no.
The price of the razor from Executive Shave was cheaper than anywhere else (including MB, shaving.ie, etc), so bundling the creams also made sense.

I do still jump over to MB first when considering purchasing gear.

..........I do still jump over to MB first when considering purchasing gear.

Yeah so so I, but then it always works out that you can get twice of whatever you looked at cheaper from some an online supplier operating out of northern Kazakstan. There is of course the chance that you can get it delivered a little bit sooner but I've had stuff from the UK turn up on my doorstep in 5 days. I'll happily pay over the odds if I find it in an actual brick and mortar shop but online is online as far as I'm concerned. By the way talking of shops, is there a chemist anywhere in Perth stocking Tabac shaving cream? The only chemist around where I am has stopped stocking it.

Well, checking in after a half-dozen uses. Have to admit, the scent is really something quite different. Certainly fruity, with a little italian soap in the background too. Different. Not unpleasant.
Unfortunately, I can't say I am a huge fan of the performance. Yeah it lathers quite well, like most TOBS creams, but the cushion/glide just isn't there for me. Still not a whole heap of glide even when you overdo the amount of product used - leads to a fair bit of skipping which is a big no, no to getting that smooth, irritation-free shave. Lather also doesn't seem to stretch very well, just the second pass is already very thin. Might have to try adding a few drops of glycerine and see if that improves things.
Back into the cupboard and might give it another whirl after I'm through my current tub of St James cream.
Unless someone wanted to buy it from me.