Review Trigodon shaving soap (croap) from India

nav1

Active Member from afar
2018 Sabbatical Fail
I was surprised to find a soap like this in India as the only commercial shaving soap that exists is the Godrej shaving round.

This is the one and only Artisan shaving soap I know of in India.

Cost is Rs.700 (AUD$15) for 120g of soap. I don't know about international shipping as I got it while I was there.

Communication with the company was easy and straight-forward.

http://trigodon.in/products/handmade...urquoise-dream

Consistency is of a hard putty (hard croap). It comes in a beautiful, wide diameter steel tin (really easy to lather in!!).

It contains shae butter and glycerin. The Turquoise Dream scent is a fresh and slightly lemoney scent. Definitely better lathered up than straight from the tin.
Lathering is ultra easy! I loaded for about 10 seconds and had enough for the entire 3 pass shave.
It lathers up think and youghurty with a great sheen. It also holds a lot of water so is easy to work with.

It reminded me a lot of the MDC sample I had tried. Possible due to both being high in coconut oil but the loading and lathering brought MDC to mind.

The shave itself, the lather was very slick and protective. It really softens the beard and leaves a nice slickness behind so I could go over the same spot again, if needed.

I finished off my shave and rinsed off. Skin was a tiny bit dry (just like with MDC) but nothing too much and my ASB fixed that up.
The fragrance did irritate my face however, this is a YMMV factor as I react to many, many soaps out there!!

Overall, I must say I wasn't expecting an Artisan soap from India to be this good! Performance definitely competes with other soaps I have used.