Wahl Adjustable Razor Issue (Futur immitation)

Jeez Cris, that gap IS quite noticeable even before you pinched the head & base. Did the fault appear on the other side, same end or other side, diagonally opposite end?

Interested to hear/see Shaver Shop's response and replacement razor.

Jim

Merkur have the same problem with the Futur. Probably to a lesser extent, as they design them and have worked out the kinks. But design is still the issue. The design does not allow for tight tolerances, or perfect fit every time. I had a progress with abnormally large gap and narrower on one side.

I sold my Futur, which was ok, but this type of razor is going to be inherently aggressive, and already have a significant gap. I couldn't use mine on anything but 1, so pointless as an adjustable.

Jeez Cris, that gap IS quite noticeable even before you pinched the head & base. Did the fault appear on the other side, same end or other side, diagonally opposite end?

Interested to hear/see Shaver Shop's response and replacement razor.

Jim

Yeah exact same both sides, turn the top plate around and same issue! Went to shaver shop and the young lady who served me was lovely but didn't have a Scooby Doo about de razors or shaving in general!!!! I just grabbed a fatip instead. Shame really, might grab a futur at some stage but o my if I can hold it and test it in the store before purchasing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Merkur have the same problem with the Futur. Probably to a lesser extent, as they design them and have worked out the kinks. But design is still the issue. The design does not allow for tight tolerances, or perfect fit every time. I had a progress with abnormally large gap and narrower on one side.

I sold my Futur, which was ok, but this type of razor is going to be inherently aggressive, and already have a significant gap. I couldn't use mine on anything but 1, so pointless as an adjustable.[/

Love aggressive razors, no razor other than the r41 touches my head lol. The Wahl Adjustable was razor is lovely but can't be shaving with a blade gap so bad!

Last edited by a moderator: