What am I looking for in a second hand straight?

Courtesy of Paste and Cut, I've found that some of my hometown's antique shops keep a pretty good stock of straight razors for sale. As such, I'm looking to get one, however, I know nothing about anything when it comes to cut-throat razors. Is there anything that I should be looking out for, good or bad in a second-hand blade?

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
calling @Substance

In short,

very little to no rust on the blade
The blade needs to be flat, slight smiles are ok,
none of them are sharp, you need to send it to a professional to sharpen, or an experienced amateur.

very deep rabbit hole

Where are you located? What price are they asking? You might get a better price on Ebay. I picked one up for 99c and it is a good shaver and it had no rust and had been used very little. That’s usually not the case. You might be better off grabbing a blade that’s already sharp. johnmrson on eBay knows his stuff and has razors for sale often and they are shave ready. His last sale was a Le Jaguar 6/8 straight razor - shave ready for USD 38 and yes he is local, based up in Queensland currently.

G’day @ollietwo
try target minimal hone wear,
avoid rust and pitting especially near the edge as this will usually run deeper resulting in a loss of blade height,
straight scales are preferred but slightly warped horn scales can be corrected with a bit of heat
good steel is best as scales can always be replaced but factor this into the purchase, if a rare blade At the right price, the purchase may be worth it

@ollietwo you could take some pics and post them for feedback.
Aussie history, Wade & Butcher, Sheffield or Solingen are all popular, or the pretty boys etched, gold, filigree.
Lots of experienced members on the forum can provide expert advice.