What Currently is Your Preferred Razor Type?

Current preferred razor type (one type only, you can change your selection)

• Electric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cartridge/Disposable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety - single edge

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Safety - double edge

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Straight razor - replaceable blade

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Straight razor - traditional

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
without doubt my #1 razor is my beloved BlackBird SS, I have not come (yet) across anything like it. I have mentioned this before but the small blade gap along with the positive blade exposure give me super smooth, efficient and safe shave. It has literally ended my search for any other DE razor

...SE on the other hand, well.. @rbscebu may of opened a new can of worms for me.. super excited about this new journey

lets see if SE will take out the undisputed BlackBird as #1 razor type

It appears @rbscebu neglected to include scrubbing off your stubble with pumice, which I read somewhere they did in ancient Egypt. I understand that climate might make removal of unwanted hair something of an imperative, but even so, OW. :eek:

:ROFLMAO:

Too date the Blackland Vector is the best razor I've used and I'd happily just add a SS version with OC plate and retire but not all SE Artisan Club razors match it for performance which is why I still keep DE razors as the ability to use say an adjustable, OC or slant is appealing and the endless blade options make shaving a hobby over a chore so DE's are my #1 preference!

Have always been a wet shaver (soap, brush and water) and went directly from carts to traditional straight razors. I am too scared to shave with a "safety" razor because you can't see the edge on your skin.

Traditional straight razors have been my thing now for about 1,400 daily shaves. It's the quality of the shave (closeness and comfort), concentration and being responsible for my own edges that keeps me at it.

Still learning with each SR shave and loving it. I could SR shave in under 15 minutes but why rush something that I enjoy so much. Do you rush when pleasing your partner?

I’ve been a wet shaver since early 80’s, most went straight to the cartridge razors. I still have a Gillette Contour & Gillette Excel. It wasn’t easy to find a good safety razor back then.

Always soap & brush but used the Palmolive soap stick and face lathered. Later moved to the bowl. I always preferred the vintage Gillette especially TTO, never considered this a hobby, more a preference. Over the years I have lost a couple of nice brushes.

Looking forward to the transition to a straight razor following the very generous PIF. I have always shaved every day, something we aways did back then.

Kamisori is just Japanese for razor (かみそり). A traditional Japanese kamisori is a traditional straight razor.
This is 100% correct, but some people seem to think the term applies only to the AC shavettes with a fixed handle and no scales.

It's a toss up between my 1960's Hoshi Tombo 8000 and my 1958 Gillette Fatboy.

I am surprised that, from the votes so far, almost a third have traditional straight razors as their preferred razor type. I was expecting a much lower number.

Still, it is only early days and things may change.

I can now understand why @SpeedyPC needs to promote "safety" razors to those who are less active and/or don't have the ability to learn something new.