Which DE shaver for wife?

Director

Hey all,

Did some searching and the LEAF looks good but it seems there are a couple of different models. One of them is the original triple-blade jobby while the LEAF twig seems to only have a half blade.
Can someone let me know which one is the most popular with the ladies?

Thanks

If she wants something that's quite safe and not intimidating to use look at the Hendson AL13.

My wife liked the leaf and long handled progress.

I would also suggest the Henson for leg shaving.

I want to second Gargravarr.

I showed my wife the entire collection, she picked an ignoble "Nobilisk" brand butterfly opening TTO razor. A Baili zamac razor, basically.

She is torturing me by using it instead of my thoughtfully considered recommendations for her. :bigtears:

My wife is scared of using DE razors so I gave her my Henson to try as it's such a mild and safe DE. She hated it. She told me she felt like it wasn't doing anything. So due to her fear of DE's I gave her a couple of my SE's to try, she didn't like them either. She just went back to a Gillette cartridge. It's no skin off my nose if she wants to pay $40 for four cartridges.

My wife is scared of using DE razors so I gave her my Henson to try as it's such a mild and safe DE. She hated it. She told me she felt like it wasn't doing anything. So due to her fear of DE's I gave her a couple of my SE's to try, she didn't like them either. She just went back to a Gillette cartridge. It's no skin off my nose if she wants to pay $40 for four cartridges.
A Henson is not supposed to feel like it is doing anything. It is not dragging multiple blades across the skin that do nothing. My wife thought that, and then felt her skin, which was smooth and clean. She was hooked with the coming of understanding.
Watch this graphic demo:

I never ever thought I would say this publicly to a man, but maybe your wife needs it harder? We are talking about shaving, of course! And no kidding, maybe she likes a more aggressive razor design. I suggest trying a steep shaving razor, maybe try the Yaqi Sentinel 1.5 OC. It isn't only an OC, they changed the cap and geometry a bit compared to the 1.5 SB and it is now more efficient and shaves a bit steeper.
Just an idea, a Yates 921-H or EH might be possible, too. Or anything else. One never knows. I rather like aggressive razors, but the stainless steel version of the Yaqi Mellon is one of my favorites. As is the Yaqi Harlequin, a Gillette Goodwill copy. I have to stop here, before I get accused of promoting Yaqi! :)

I never ever thought I would say this publicly to a man, but maybe your wife needs it harder? We are talking about shaving, of course! And no kidding, maybe she likes a more aggressive razor design. I suggest trying a steep shaving razor, maybe try the Yaqi Sentinel 1.5 OC. It isn't only an OC, they changed the cap and geometry a bit compared to the 1.5 SB and it is now more efficient and shaves a bit steeper.
Just an idea, a Yates 921-H or EH might be possible, too. Or anything else. One never knows. I rather like aggressive razors, but the stainless steel version of the Yaqi Mellon is one of my favorites. As is the Yaqi Harlequin, a Gillette Goodwill copy. I have to stop here, before I get accused of promoting Yaqi! :)
Nothing wrong with a Yaqi. I quite like them myself.

I think she is just afraid of what she thinks are exposed blades. That's why I thought the Henson would suit.

Unfortunately, I don't think any DE or SE razor is going to do the job. She's comfortable with a 5 blade cartridge and god knows she can be stubborn 😆

I think she is just afraid of what she thinks are exposed blades. That's why I thought the Henson would suit.

Unfortunately, I don't think any DE or SE razor is going to do the job. She's comfortable with a 5 blade cartridge and god knows she can be stubborn 😆
A stubborn wife? Who'd have thought...

Women love to be capricious. For that $40, you can ask her to do something. It's still better if your wife is calm :)

Get her the leaf or even the high proof razor.
I am sure she will enjoy both of those given her inclination to use cart razors. These are both certainly a step up from carts.
This is probably where a pivoting head works well.