Whiskey showcase @ Dans

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Dan Murphy's is having a Whisky Showcase at 6 locations across Australia.

$25 gets you
  • entry
  • tasting of over 40 international whiskies
  • food
  • a Glencairn Whisky Glass (valued at $9.90)
  • and 'much more' according to their flyer.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/list/Whiskyshowcase

Doesn't look too bad .....

I'll just pop to my local DM's. It's only 3500km away.

I'll just pop to my local DM's. It's only 3500km away.
Poor Eggy, tell yhou what I will do for you - Send me several thousand dollars and I will personnaly purchase a bottle of each of those in the tasting. I will then send you a taste of each (since that is all you would get at DMs anyway - what the hell I will even buy a glass and ship it to you . You may wonder what about the rest of the bottles contents? Given I am willing to go to all this effort I didn't think you would begrudge me a "little" taste of my own. Let me know when you want me to send my account details. :)

That is the worst email scam I've seen. Even Prince Olokulo sending you 11 trillion dollars has got more cred.

It's International Tequila day and they are doing tastings all over Sydney. Even got the Taco Truck at the Strathfield store!

Bugger :(

Finally found a friend who drinks single malts and CBR is sold out - like a few others :(

Maybe next time - thanks for the heads up Borked

Such a shame it's mostly scotches. I'm an American Whisky drinker and dislike scotch - although I am told that decent scotch is quite nice to a bourbon drinker, as opposed to JR Red or some cheap swill, I still don't really find it that appealing to try.

Can't stand scotch either. The cheap stuff tastes like antiseptic and the expensive, like refined antiseptic. Tired a bottle of J&B a while back as it's my mum's favourite, but could only stomach it with coke.

Jamesons more my thing. Tried the Reserve a while back and the diminished returns over the regular, were significant. I do like bourbon, but on the occasions I like to mix it, it gets too sweet.

I like Jamesons too. A friend bought me back a small batch bottle from his recent trip to Eire, and I am looking forward to opening it.

Scored a bottle of Makers for my 40th recently which is nice. After last year people now ask me or the wife what I drink - I had to regift a 1.25L Johnny Red because they assumed all men drink scotch...

I like Jamesons too. A friend bought me back a small batch bottle from his recent trip to Eire, and I am looking forward to opening it.

Scored a bottle of Makers for my 40th recently which is nice. After last year people now ask me or the wife what I drink - I had to regift a 1.25L Johnny Red because they assumed all men drink scotch...
Giving somone a a bottle of JW Red is not regifting - it is a sign you consider the friendship over :) Jamesons as a regular tipple and Laphroaig for special occasions (my mother and sister are coming over from NZ for Xmas and are bringing over 4 bottles of Laphroaig for me).

I gave it to my boss, he seemed taken with it. Didn't harm my standing in the company at all either.

JW Red is not Scotch.

We are talking fair dinkum premium stuff with this tasting. Slow sipping of a delightful drop.

Laphroaig I have at home, the Tassie Lark is nice but pricey and The Balvenie is also on my shelf. Tried a few of the others over the year but a big punt to buy a bottle on spec!

Interestingly all were sold out except QLD ....

If Scotch smells and tastes of hospital theatres to someone, no amount of refinement up the food chain changes that IMO, only makes it more apparent.

Yes QLD and refined alcohol usually don't appear in the same sentence.

Unless one is referring to a home moonshine still in Ipswich.

Well on that note it must be time for a wee dram ...

The Laphroaig or The Balvenie ??

I think you will find the ACT has a tax on vicarious enjoyment of around 28% so you may want to reconsider that Glen.