Why would you spend this much on a safety razor?

I’ve never had any interest in the newer DE razors. I always lookout for Vintage Gillette. I only own a few safety razors and a couple of straights.
I prefer the heritage & quality of these vintage razors, although prices are a bit silly now.
My favourite is the Gillette British FlareTip, My most comfortable shave is with the Gillette Slim (5).

I’ve never had any interest in the newer DE razors. I always lookout for Vintage Gillette. I only own a few safety razors and a couple of straights.
I prefer the heritage & quality of these vintage razors, although prices are a bit silly now.
My favourite is the Gillette British FlareTip, My most comfortable shave is with the Gillette Slim (5).
Yep, I have a handful of new razors, but mostly I have vintage. Currently using for the last month or so is a fatboy on 6, but turned down to 5 last couple of days. I don't rotate daily, or even weekly. I like to give each razor a decent opportunity to impress me across multiple shaves and different blades (or "shit the bed" otherwise) A different razor every day is too hectic for me, and I can't make a judgement on preference with such a small sample window.