www.bayrum.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to hearing more @luckypirate [emoji106]

[For photos you need to host them on a 3rd party website (Dropbox, Flickr, Imgur, etc) and then link to them here.]

Thanks Arnold.
Once you reach glass bottom of your St John's, suggest you try some Barberry coast. I want to drink it it's so good.
We're still working on the St Johns.
Is it here yet?

Have received samples. Haven't received stock. Expecting stock end of next week (fingers crossed).
We like to purchase samples before buying the stock. Part of our Quality Control.
Bit like the Taiwanese brush and razors.

As for the meaning of the colors regarding the different types of steel, both are made by Hitachi, and, believe it or not, the white steel comes from the manufacturer with a white paper label, and the blue steel comes with a blue label. Some people refer to the blue steel as "blue paper steel", and the white as "white paper steel". Japanese call the white stuff shirogame hagane, and the blue steel aogami hagane.

Both are high carbon steels, with about 1.0 to 1.2% carbon, with 0.1 to 0.2% silica and 0.2 to 0.3% manganese. The blue steel also contains 0.2 to 0.5% chromium and 1.0 to1.5% tungsten.

The more complex blue steel yields a longer-lasting edge, is more expensive, and also requires more skill to manufacture.
For those wondering what white paper steel is :)

Further to above

BTW, what with your mention of rare, do I just hand over my credit card details now ?

PS
dzdl6e.jpg

Pre-order special apply to this as well ?
Pinaud Clubman Lustray Menthol an option ?
BTW, that $80 bottle image is Grand Bay Rum I believe, not Dominica Bay Rum.
I could, and have been known to be wrong though, so open to correction :)

I've found Dropbox to be a bit funny when trying to link to images here. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I now just throw images at imgur.com

Something like Flickr works better for images than Dropbox.

20909765176_dccc698816_o.png

Thanks for that.
Will try and do some "good proper learning" about it when time permits.
My point with the image was that Bork is correct in noticing the Grand Bay, but so were we!
Have changed shipping title to Grand Bay Domica Rum to avoid confusion.
1st bottle went to someone in Perth.
1 to go! Hey... price has dropped. Try the CLUBMAN discount code if you're still interested.

unfortunately SHMBO strongly dislikes every bay rum soap or after shave I have ever used. Might have to buy a few more and see if I can find the winning one :)

Don't worry SydBJW, I'll pick up the slack for you.

Just scored the last Dominican. I have decided that there just isn't enough rum, that you can have too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.