filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
This is great - i can post here.
I'm a total noobie when it comes to forums so please help me out. Point me to the rules, the hidden codes (what's with these privileges? I get it, but it's an invisible barrier...)
I want to post about some of the shaving products I've been using but can't. Where can I post to?

Hi mate, just keep posting a few more, things will open up. I don't know what spamma safeguards are up, so just see which forums let you post stuff in

Hello and welcome filobiblic. Let's make that FB for short! Yeah this whole privileges thing is a bit weird at first but is standard practice. It's to stop people from logging on to sell stuff or generally be a pain. Just keep posting things here if other forums won't give you access. We're not sticklers for rules here so if you go off topic a bit nobody will really care too much. By the way what does filobiblic stand for?

Basically you need to use the site. Since you joined I have updated the welcome email to give a couple of instructions to start the process so that you can meet the requirements to get a promotion to the other forums.

The good news is that since you have been a member for a period of time already, the process will be fairly quick. Post, and giveth what you receive and it will be open in no time at all.

Could you please send me a copy of that email Monsta so I too can figure what I need to do to earn elevated privileges.

Could you please send me a copy of that email Monsta so I too can figure what I need to do to earn elevated privileges.
I may be wrong but I think it is a case of post post and post some more, longevity as a member, avoid the wrath of the Dreadful Drubbing and one dau like magic you to can post all over the place.

So the way forward is to spam the crap out of the Welcome Mat thread?

Much like this post....
I suspect spamming may get you sent to the naughty corner for some time out, but fascinating observations and any shaving related information is likely to be viewed with pleasure. (I have no idea that if anything I have said is in any way factual - just seems logical to me) You will need to wait until the mighty RM revisits the board for the reality stuff.

Much like this post....

We're good blokes, we'll help you out. Are you a rookie wetshaver too, or just a rookie forumer? What're you shaving with at the moment?

Much like this post....

Nah, not at all. There is one little trick to the promotion that spammers do not do. It appears that you are yet to do it.

Look to the right hand side of a post you like...... there's a facebook-equse thing you have yet to do.

About an hour later then you should be good to go.

Haha! You guys are great.

@Drubbing - Thanks. I'll keep posting. Perhaps if I reply to each reply...

"By the way what does filobiblic stand for?"
@Pjotr - It's an adaption of "Philobiblic". Philo = lover. Biblic = books. 'Lover of books' or 'Lover of the Book'. I use it as my internet handle as it's unique. You're the first person to ask me that in 10+ years of using it.

@Monsta_AU - I'm posting!

@Marlow - Thanks!

@Mong. - I'm definitely a rookie forumer. I've been shaving with goop for about 5-10 years, wet shaving with brush and soap for another 10 years and proper wet shaving with a DE razor for about 6 months. Since wet shaving isn't right without a single blade, I'll class myself as a rookie.
I'm shaving with a Merkur Progress and a Standard Razors Black. Blade of choice is currently IP/Personna Reds. I'm breaking in a Vie-Long Peleón horse hair (12705).

@JugV2 - Thanks! It's fun so far. You guys are really throwing out the welcome mat.

Haha! You guys are great.

@Drubbing - Thanks. I'll keep posting. Perhaps if I reply to each reply...

"By the way what does filobiblic stand for?"
@Pjotr - It's an adaption of "Philobiblic". Philo = lover. Biblic = books. 'Lover of books' or 'Lover of the Book'. I use it as my internet handle as it's unique. You're the first person to ask me that in 10+ years of using it.

I worked that out myself from Bibliophile, but didn't want to make PJ look dumb. Forgot he can do that by himself.

Topics really do have legs of their own...

Status
Not open for further replies.