Vintage brush handles

thisISjoel

So I tend to see on more US-centric shaving forums a fair few blokes with old everyread and whatknot handles with new knots in them and some of them look great! I haven't seen it as much (or really at all that comes to mind) around here. Is there just a general shortage of vintage brushes in Australia? Is there nobody restoring/reknotting them? What am I missing?

I'd say there just aren't many around here. There are a few members who have restored handles though. The US has a very lively antique/pawn/vintage market and due to population size there are simply more of them around. My thoughts on it anyway.

I'd say there just aren't many around here. There are a few members who have restored handles though. The US has a very lively antique/pawn/vintage market and due to population size there are simply more of them around. My thoughts on it anyway.

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

There are tons of them around here - but unfortunately for you @boldsworth buys them all :D :D :D

Saw a couple of plastic bags! full at one of our meet-ups and those were just the poor condition ones ;)

Haha not a lot of quality in there but our very own @bald as has worked some magic on restoring some of the better ones and i use them on a daily basis. I have some in various stages of restoration that i hope to finish one day.So many half finished projects!