Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I got an ugly looking cabinet with glass sliding doors. Nothing pretty but it is only going in the garage and it does mean that I can have ALL my razors at home stored together (well except for those seperately in another display cabinet at home already).

So now I can start sorting through what I have a little more systematically. It also means I can count them. In the collection, storage and display cabinets, I have 215. About 20-30 more in the clean up/should sell or PIF stage.

My wife was a little surprised :eek:mg: to see them all together. She suggested I needed to get insurance arranged. :p

She is, of course, far more important and valuable than ALL of the collection combined.

......She is, of course, far more important and valuable than ALL of the collection combined.

The fact that you deemed it necessary to mention that is in itself worrying. Will this still be the case when you get your quadruple gold plated, PAT App For Double Ring and Bottom Dial Fatboy? I'm not so sure now. I quess when you change your sign off to: "Wanted: Understanding New Wife", we'll know.

By the way very, impressive number of razors there. Particularly considering they're mostly collectors items. My initial quess at 250 wasn't too wide of the mark. Let us know what you're wanting to sell on. I know there's a very small number of peeps here but you never know.

Last edited:
Only 215? Thank fck for that. I thought you had a problem...

Are you sure that her expression was surprise, or tired resignation perhaps? Maybe she was suggesting life insurance. You know, in case of an 'accident' or something?

See, these things raise more questions than answers.

The fact that you deemed it necessary to mention that is in itself worrying. Will this still be the case when you get your quadruple gold plated, PAT App For Double Ring and Bottom Dial Fatboy? I'm not so sure now. I quess when you change your sign off to: "Wanted: Understanding New Wife", we'll know.

When she asked how many thousands I'd spent and let me get away with not really asking I KNEW she was a keeper. Actually I knew before that, this just confirmed it :cheesy:

By the way very, impressive number of razors there. Particularly considering they're mostly collectors items. My initial quess at 250 wasn't too wide of the mark. Let us know what you're wanting to sell on. I know there's a very small number of peeps here but you never know.

There are a few Techs in there, don't worry. I have been able to get the majority of the 'collectible' razors I'm after. Some, however, could be upgraded to better ones, with shippers etc etc.

P&C members always get a discounted price to B&B :embarrest:

Only 215? Thank fck for that. I thought you had a problem...

yes, rumours of my AD are greatly exagerated.

It shows how many I've sold too - my acquisitions sheet is more than 300 lines long.

Are you sure that her expression was surprise, or tired resignation perhaps? Maybe she was suggesting life insurance. You know, in case of an 'accident' or something?

See, these things raise more questions than answers.

Hmmm, now you have me worried.....

Don't suppose I'll ever be able to complain about shoes or handbags now :sad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
.....Don't suppose I'll ever be able to complain about shoes or handbags now.....

You mean to tell me you have complained about that? I'm now truly speechless. Stick to collecting razors 'cause collecting wives ain't gonna happen.

You mean to tell me you have complained about that? I'm now truly speechless. Stick to collecting razors 'cause collecting wives ain't gonna happen.

I've not complained for a long long time ;)

Anyway, don't want to collect wives - one is plenty and this one is perfect!

So she reads this forum then?

That's my guess, since you have mentioned several times how perfect she is and given her plenty of props.

Wise move though.

So she reads this forum then?

That's my guess, since you have mentioned several times how perfect she is and given her plenty of props.

Wise move though.

Not that I'm aware of. I just try to avoid the silly male 'bag your wife to your mates' thing that we sometimes do :amuse:

Anyway, I love her and think she is wonderful - and don't mind saying 20 years in :D