5 years on

possumbelly

[No giant lemons here]
I disappeared from this forum just over 5 years ago. Why? I suppose life just got busy; I was pretty set up with advice and kit; had more soaps than I’ll ever get to use; plenty of brushes etc. But then … I suddenly had the urge to revisit and lurk again and here I am - with a renewed zest for changing up my shaves and maybe discovering some new and old things again.

Gone, seem to be some of the guys from back then. Even met some of them at an event in Melbourne 2015(?) - Rick, Draco Noir, Ginge, Osman, Anthony and some others. Con K even turned up.

What grabbed me I must say, are those razor reviews. Wow. Pages and pages of razors I’ve never heard of. Made me pull out my ATT H2 yesterday. Also have the Mongoose on the ready. Been using the Muhle R41 and Merkur 34C HD uncontested for way too long. I must also confess, the Braun electric has also been out many times over the last 1-2 years for a quick once over. Not the greatest of shaves.

Nice to see some familiar names though in Mark, Monsta, Alfredus - you guys have staying power and must have nurtured many through here, with their daily ritual.

Nice to be back here perusing the advice, reviews, SOTDs etc.
cheers
John (aka JK)

Last edited:
Welcome [back] mate - wish I could recall what that custom tagline is about?

A numb er of people have come and gone, some great new members and pre-COVID meetups were happening still.

Sadly Draco Noir succumbed to cancer, but he and others live on through our annual charity auction. This year the auction raised ...

... $6,952.33

Combined with previous years, this means that we have contributed to the Cancer Council - $24,772.12

Some very generous folks around these parts - a small but fitting tribute.

Welcome [back] mate - wish I could recall what that custom tagline is about?

A numb er of people have come and gone, some great new members and pre-COVID meetups were happening still.

Sadly Draco Noir succumbed to cancer, but he and others live on through our annual charity auction. This year the auction raised ...

... $6,952.33

Combined with previous years, this means that we have contributed to the Cancer Council - $24,772.12

Some very generous folks around these parts - a small but fitting tribute.

Thanks Mark - The tag line….I’ve just replied in the old thread from 7 years ago - not sure if you can see it

Great effort with the Charity donations. That’s really generous.

Draco Noir was a lovely chap. Met him a couple of times along with some of the other Melburnians.

got it!