Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
What are you guys doing to me?

First it was SEs, now....

This came in the mail with a Double Ring - a poor old thing that had seen better days:-

With a little bit of TLC :-

The before photos don't reflect the grotty nature with no paint at all in the name.

After cleaning it up I was perplexed by the knot, it had an unusual sheen on the tips. It was only when I repainted the name I noticed that it was a 'Badgerlon' described on the base as Badger and Nylon. Hmmm, maybe I will get re-knotted if I ever wanted to use it.

So, what is next guys!

Last edited:
Sorry about the poor pics. I was doing this after getting home from work this afternoon. I still want to clean the base up a little more and I'd love to be able to get a nice shine on the handle if I could - not sure how.

This could be fun - but I don't think I'm shaving with it!

Badgerlon? That's pretty unique. I've never heard of that. Actually the knot doesn't look too bad. Give it a couple of cleans and use it. I'm sure it'll be an instant hit in the brush restore section over at you know where.

Polishing plastics is a tough one. If in doubt use toothpaste. The Ever Ready handles I've seen generally have a matt rather than a gloss look so I think it looks pretty good as it is to be honest.

What's next? Straights I guess. Can't help or enable on that one though.

Last edited:
Badgerlon? That's pretty unique. I've never heard of that. Actually the knot doesn't look too bad. Give it a couple of cleans and use it. I'm sure it'll be an instant hit in the brush restore section over at you know where.

Polishing plastics is a tough one. If in doubt use toothpaste. The Ever Ready handles I've seen generally have a matt rather than a gloss look so I think it looks pretty good as it is to be honest.

What's next? Straights I guess. Can't help or enable on that one though.

The knot has a funny 'sheen' to it as I mentioned, obviously the badger has not been as long lasting as the nylon which dominates the centre. I've given the brush a pretty good clean (soap/vinegar/shampoo).

I might give toothpaste a go on the black section of the handle to see if it comes up any better.

Thanks mate!

The knot has a funny 'sheen' to it as I mentioned, obviously the badger has not been as long lasting as the nylon which dominates the centre. I've given the brush a pretty good clean (soap/vinegar/shampoo).

I might give toothpaste a go on the black section of the handle to see if it comes up any better.

Thanks mate!

I'd like to hear how it lathers. Got a badger/boar brush which is a perfect combination. Maybe Badgerlon is too. I love the name. It's really dorky. If you'd thought that one up yourself for marketing purposes you'd reject it. EverBlobbie is better.

EverBlobbie is better.

Unfortunately the use of the word "Blobbie" requires permission from the current owner of the brush and cannot be given to anything with man made fibres in it. (According to the "Blobbbie Nomenclature Act" of 2012). Anyway a brush owned by a cross shaving denizen of our capital probably should have a suitably dorky name. :)

Unfortunately the use of the word "Blobbie" requires permission from the current owner of the brush and cannot be given to anything with man made fibres in it. (According to the "Blobbbie Nomenclature Act" of 2012). Anyway a brush owned by a cross shaving denizen of our capital probably should have a suitably dorky name. :)

This is correct, and here in the ACT we pride ourselves on our compliance culture.

Accordingly hereafter this brush shall be know as 'EB-2012-0109 - Brush, Badger and Nylon, Shaving Mk 1'

No, it is my first 'restore' thus the Mk 1 :D

Personally, unless I was desperate for a brush and it didn't work as it is, I wouldn't re-knot it. There are standard ever readys aplenty out there but a Badgerlon with the original knot is pretty rare. At the very least it would have curio value. Have you posted pictures over at YKW (you know where)? Be interested to see what reactions you get.

Personally, unless I was desperate for a brush and it didn't work as it is, I wouldn't re-knot it. There are standard ever readys aplenty out there but a Badgerlon with the original knot is pretty rare. At the very least it would have curio value. Have you posted pictures over at YKW (you know where)? Be interested to see what reactions you get.

Yeah, I don't see myself re-knotting. I've just posted a thread there - but they will all be asleep so I don't expect any response in the near future. You can check out the thread here if interested.