Aliexpress brushes

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
I know a few of you got on the bandwagon of buying Yaqi(?) brushes off Aliexpress, or other Chinese retailers.
I don't remember seeing much of a write up on them as to how they went after use for a month or two? Are they stellar performers for pennies, or did they all fall apart as soon as the Aliexpress moneyback guarantee expired?

I have bought 2 over time and found the quality and product as good as anything else I have had My vie Long in my recent SOTD was a cheap Chinese off eBay and it's probably one of the best I've had

I must admit SOTD and lather shots are two pages I never visit these days.

I bought a Yaqi Tuxedo a few weeks ago, from WCS though not Ali. It lathers soap amazingly and feels great in the face. However, every time I use it it loses 2 to 5 bristles

I have a synthetic yaqi, "sagrada familia" and never lost a bristle. I am happy with it, but I have never try better synthetic brushes to compare. Maseto is quite commonly seen around the different forums so their badger ones must be good too. They are on my radar, so at some point I will go for a big one :)

@eggbert
The Yaqi brushes are absolutely fantastic! I have a bunch of them and they perform great and the handles are some of the best available...They have the look of an artisan made but are mass produced and great value.

Admittedly, I've never been into custom made handles as I'm more concerned with the business end of the brush but it's nice to have the nice variety of handles with Yaqi brushes.

@eggbert
The Yaqi brushes are absolutely fantastic! I have a bunch of them and they perform great and the handles are some of the best available...They have the look of an artisan made but are mass produced and great value.

Admittedly, I've never been into custom made handles as I'm more concerned with the business end of the brush but it's nice to have the nice variety of handles with Yaqi brushes.
Thanks @nav1 . I'll take a closer look when I am in no danger of getting one of those yellow and red banners.
My preferred Stirling Kong (which I thought was going to be way too big to enjoy using) has a big chip out of the base, so I don't end up using it as often as I would like to. Toddlebert decided he want to copy his dad lathering up, then threw the brush across the room when he discovered the light(!) menthol on his face.

Thanks @nav1 . I'll take a closer look when I am in no danger of getting one of those yellow and red banners.
My preferred Stirling Kong (which I thought was going to be way too big to enjoy using) has a big chip out of the base, so I don't end up using it as often as I would like to. Toddlebert decided he want to copy his dad lathering up, then threw the brush across the room when he discovered the light(!) menthol on his face.

Hahaha
Nice you're getting him into good habits early on!!

You're in for a treat with synthetics, when you're done with the sabbatical.

So many awesome options out there!

Apart from Yaqi, I'd have to say the Razorock plissoft (24mm) is still one of the best on the market!!