Amazed

Glen

Just wanted to make a point that I found surprising.
When I first started wet shaving I bought a Merkur 34C which I thought was a pretty good starter point, and I thought it was giving me great shaves. Then I bought a Slim which of course is amazing.
This morning I thought I'd go back and give the ignored Merkur a run with my pretty much now standard Gillette 7o'clock black blade. What a shocker, pulling and scraping. I took the same blade out and put it in the Slim and it was heaven.
I can't believe the difference between razors. I would have thought that the blade was the main ingredient in this but I guess that adjustment and the way the blade is held really makes a huge difference.
Just thinking out loud.

Yeah but then you'll find some blades that are amazing in one razor and not the other. So don't discount the old 34c out of hand. I did the same with my starter - the DE89 - I relegated it to the bottom drawer, but then tried it with some other blades and found it even better than my fave razors with some. Actually the DE89 far surpasses the Weber PH, Feather AS-D2 and Mergress HD to name a few with vintage blades like the English Wilkie and SPP.

Also, and forgive me if this is a tutorial on sucking eggs, but be sure you're not applying the same angle for every razor. The 34c will need a different facial approach than the Slim - jeez I even found the Fatboy and Slim were slightly different and needed to be adjusted to. So maybe try a different blade and be more methodical with understanding what your 34c needs and you might be surprised about the shave you get.

...and your 34c can or, more alarmingly, does?
Note to self - do not - under any circumstances - buy the Merkur 34c Drubs lists on the BST! Ewwwwww....
They breed 'em tough out West - only way @Drubbing knows about bumfluff and a Slim on 9 would be by painful experience. That is whats called taking one for the team :) :) (two smileys cause drubbing is special.

@Drubsta I know what you mean mate :)

@Drubsta I know what you mean mate :)
Oh boy what have I stumbled on here?
I'm backing away slowly.
"Don't mind me fellas, please continue."
I close the door behind me and then notice written on the board:
Crack Shaver's Anonymous
Meeting here every second Weds.

I think you mean they meet every alternate...

newcreate.php

Oh deary me some here have only one thing upon their mind, and it's not shaving related!

Think back to your teens fellas...