American Shave Company DE Blades?

No, it looks like a new private brand based in Singapore, manufactured by Personna. Hence the 1875 claim.

I cannot find any mention of them online before 2012. The facebook page was also launched then.

No, it looks like a new private brand based in Singapore, manufactured by Personna. Hence the 1875 claim.

I cannot find any mention of them online before 2012. The facebook page was also launched then.

That is my suspicion as well. I'm going over there in December so may pick some up. Hopefully they are the Personna labs at dirt cheap prices!

They're probably a rebrand of what're commonly referred to as the Personna Red. They are above average blades, and have "Platinum Chrome" stamped on the blade. From memory, they're also sold under another brand which might be called Crystal.

Personna Reds & Personna Platinum Chrome are the same blade.

Israeli Personnas (commonly "IP's") are referred to as a number of brands. These are rebranded into 'Crystals' and a few others.

I imagine these are the Reds/Platinum Chome rebranded.

Personna Reds & Personna Platinum Chrome are the same blade.

Israeli Personnas (commonly "IP's") are referred to as a number of brands. These are rebranded into 'Crystals' and a few others.

I imagine these are the Reds/Platinum Chome rebranded.

Agreed. Just bought 100 blades for $10 in Singapore. Not bad for the price.

Hang on, I missed this the first time. So the Reds/Platinum Chrome's are different to the IP/Crystals?

And all of the above are different to the Lab Blue/Med Preps, which may or may not be the same with a different treatment?

Hang on, I missed this the first time. So the Reds/Platinum Chrome's are different to the IP/Crystals?

Yes. While they are similar, they definitely are different blades. Crystals/IP's (Israeli Personnas) are a touch sharper, whereas the Red/PlatChromes (usually US made but there is a Mexico factory also) are smoother.

And all of the above are different to the Lab Blue/Med Preps, which may or may not be the same with a different treatment?

Yes, the Lab Blue/Med Preps are a different blade again. They are definitely sharper than the other two, but they work very well for shaving.

I'll have to dig these out of my blade stash and try them again. I like the Lab Blues already, my recollection is that they were quite a bit smoother than the Reds.