Anybody own a Whipped Dog 24mm High Mountain Badger

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day P&C,

I'm planning to get another brush for my brother a WD 24mm knot with a High Mountain Badger in a Navy Blue Resin Handle, and he only face lather not bowl lather and my question is what loft drill hole for the handle would be best for face lathering 'Standard loft 0mm', 'Drill extra 5mm' or 'Drill extra 10mm'.

However the WD High Mountain Badger knot is sold out at the moment and I've been told it will be place on a back order list until the knot stock up again, and they'll shipped the new brush straight to my brother.

Cheers ;)

I'd suggest sending Larry a message and see what he recommends, he's a great guy to deal with.
I would say exactly the same!

I had one, but it has been too long and I am sure Larry uses different knots since then...

I have mine at the standard loft. Works for me but I reckon 5mm might give it a bit more backbone.

I've been thinking about this to @unobtainium81, anyway I've send an email to Larry and see what he has to say before I make an order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just received an email from Larry thought you like to know just in cast if you make an order for a Whipped Dog read below

Welcome to Whipped Dog, so glad you checked us out! I'd be more than happy to get you fixed up with a great face lathering brush for your brother!

I received my recent knot order of silvertips and boars but unfortunately no 24mm high mountains. It'll be several months before I have more of that type and size. Because of that and because they're great knots obviously, I think we should do a 24mm silvertip with a 48mm loft for his brush. The knot will have great backbone yet also still be very soft and comfortable to use. It will accommodate hard or soft soaps but fling neither all over. I know what you're talking about with the soap flinging and I'm not a fan of that either:)

The cost will be $42 USD including shipping. How does this sound, do you think he'll be excited? :)

Regards,
Larry

Any way I've order 2 Whipped Dog in silvertip 24mm knot with 48mm loft in a Navy Blue & Black Resin Handles and beside it's far cheaper than a Simpsons, Thater and Shavemac for two brushes ;) and the great news is Larry only accept PayPal when you make an order.

Ummm... yeah!
I think you remember what happened there.

I think it's Garry that runs WB, polite accommodating and understanding man is how I would describe him.
As for the brush, the handle was too small for me and I scored an anomaly with that particular knot.
For what you pay though, most people will receive more than their money's worth.