Are These Blades THE Personna Blues

Don't buy into the Personna blue myths. They're the same blade as the reds, just approved for medical use as they're sterilised. I remember people swearing that they were better and putting it down to whatever they use to sterilise them. Please...

The Reds are a decent middle of the road blade. Comfortable but not that sharp.

Don't buy into the Personna blue myths. They're the same blade as the reds, just approved for medical use as they're sterilised. I remember people swearing that they were better and putting it down to whatever they use to sterilise them. Please...

The Reds are a decent middle of the road blade. Comfortable but not that sharp.

I think your statement is incorrect.

The "myth" relates to the Blue Labs (cheap) and the Med Preps (expensive). Both come in the same blue wrapper (or used to - the Labs now come in a white wrapper). Both are made in the same U.S. factory. Yes, it's likely they are the same blade with the sterilisation factor being the differentiator.

The Reds are made in Isreal and NOT the same.

I went and bought one from Shaver Shop today and I've shaved with the Personna Platinum blade today and it's not very smooth at all it feels a bit rough on my skin, and I must say is not sharper compare to Gillette Silver Blue or Perma-Sharp Super the blade feels similar to a Derby or maybe closer to a Astra Superior Platinum.

I'm not sure I had a dud Personna Platinum blade so I'm going to try again in two days and put another fresh Personna Platinum blade again and see how this goes, not too happy today as my face was a bit red no nicks or cuts so far :oops::cautious: