Artist Club SS on eBay

lerenau

...is a cheeky monkey
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Gents,

I was looking at Feather Artist Club SS folding shavettes on eBay and noticed there are quite a few sellers advertising them for ~$100 delivered. That seems about half the price I can find them for locally. :wideyed:

Has anyone here bought one of these? If so, what were your experiences?

I got sucked in by an eBay seller with a folding DX at a very low price. Got a refund. But 100bux seems to be around the going rate for a SS. TSW used to have them cheaper than that when they were in stock.

Check the feedback on the seller...

Gents,

I was looking at Feather Artist Club SS folding shavettes on eBay and noticed there are quite a few sellers advertising them for ~$100 delivered. That seems about half the price I can find them for locally. :wideyed:

Has anyone here bought one of these? If so, what were your experiences?
Was literally looking at these a couple of hours ago. I have two shavettes but I want to try these since their blades are just gorgeous

My Feather AC SS is still in the mail. Purchased through a similar link that SpeedyPC put up. $100 for razor, blades and delivery is a great price.
However went the ProGuard blades for learning purposes over the Pro.
I was going to buy some pro-guards just like yourself.
But, after thinking about it for a while I realised that literally every issue I've had with blades has been that they weren't sharp enough... I have absurdly thick hair.
I'm sure the pro-guards are great. But, I have an entire drawer of blades that people swear are awesome but I just can't use. So, I decided to bite the bullet and just hope I'm a quick study... I hope you'll say something nice at my funeral...

But, all jokes aside, the advise I've heard from the brains-trust is to start with the pro-guards.

I was going to buy some pro-guards just like yourself.
But, after thinking about it for a while I realised that literally every issue I've had with blades has been that they weren't sharp enough... I have absurdly thick hair.
I'm sure the pro-guards are great. But, I have an entire drawer of blades that people swear are awesome but I just can't use. So, I decided to bite the bullet and just hope I'm a quick study... I hope you'll say something nice at my funeral...

But, all jokes aside, the advise I've heard from the brains-trust is to start with the pro-guards.
Kai captain milds (imho) are the perfect in between. I wouldn't go the guards either. Smoother than the feather pro

@Spencer Frankel & @lerenau interestingly have heard/read pro advice on getting the proguard as easier and milder for learning with a Feather AC.
Though alternative advice on super pro says since the blade is sharper hence smoother/efficient and less mishaps.
Actually have both blades as have an unused colonial general razor getting dust at the moment and suspect the AC SS will be too once it arrives.
Let us know how you go via SOTD. Should be a fun nervous 30mins because it'll take me that long to shave with it, when I eventually do.

While I wait. I'm bringing out the DE shavettes. I have only had about 6 shaves on a shavette so I'm just in the blade picking stage and technique. Will stick with same software and one pass. Had a fantastic shave tonight. In terms of the blades. I have some SE razors. The pro are similar to DE feather for me. Not the most comfortable first shave. But the rest of the shaves are brilliant. Captain Kai milds are like going to a PolSilver Si or Perma-Sharp. Nice and smooth till the go, only ever so less sharp. Barely noticeable. This is just my experience with the SE razors, hope this helps. Have not used any guards since I don't think they'll work for me
@Spencer Frankel & @lerenau interestingly have heard/read pro advice on getting the proguard as easier and milder for learning with a Feather AC.
Though alternative advice on super pro says since the blade is sharper hence smoother/efficient and less mishaps.
Actually have both blades as have an unused colonial general razor getting dust at the moment and suspect the AC SS will be too once it arrives.
Let us know how you go via SOTD. Should be a fun nervous 30mins because it'll take me that long to shave with it, when I eventually do.

Check out my review thread on the Feather DX from earlier this year. I have the kami version but should have gone folding because it's easier to feel your angle when the scales are out at right angles. The kami rolls in my fingers rather too easily by comparison - particularly ATG - leading to damage when the angle gets too steep without realising. The folding is easier to store with a blade too. Having said that the kami ss looks thicker than the DX so may be less of a problem.

I prefer Pro Supers due to the greater exposure giving a lower angle but I'm glad I learnt on guarded blades. But I hadn't even tried a DE before I started with my DX.

Check out my review thread on the Feather DX from earlier this year. I have the kami version but should have gone folding because it's easier to feel your angle when the scales are out at right angles. The kami rolls in my fingers rather too easily by comparison - particularly ATG - leading to damage when the angle gets too steep without realising. The folding is easier to store with a blade too. Having said that the kami ss looks thicker than the DX so may be less of a problem.

I prefer Pro Supers due to the greater exposure giving a lower angle but I'm glad I learnt on guarded blades. But I hadn't even tried a DE before I started with my DX.
Very interesting. Most reviews I've heard say the kami is awesome for manoeuvrability. It's just all in the technique you learn. Awesome input mate. Thank you!

Very interesting. Most reviews I've heard say the kami is awesome for manoeuvrability. It's just all in the technique you learn. Awesome input mate. Thank you!

No worries...

While the kami is manoeuvrable the folding actually has a slightly shorter tang which allows you to get into more places - you just have to move the scales out of the way...

No worries...

While the kami is manoeuvrable the folding actually has a slightly shorter tang which allows you to get into more places - you just have to move the scales out of the way...
Awesome. Glad I'll have both styles. I have two folding shavettes. I'm interested in the dovo aswell. With that longer blade